Supercab vs supercrew... leg room and appearence

What 2017 Raptor do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psufan

Reaction score
Meh.

I've got a Crew Cab F250 right now. I've probably needed all the seats in that truck twice in the last 10 years, and a supercab would have worked anyhow. A supercab is just fine for me.

But a larger gas tank would be nicer. Not 3k nice though.

And just remember about resale value--it's like not banging your girlfriend so she'll be more appealing to her next boyfriend.

Buy the truck you want, not the truck you think the next person is going to want.

Think of it as a 3k loan. As long as you don't keep your raptor super long where it's fully depreciated, you'll get most of that 3k back when you sell it. There are plenty of options that add next to nothing to resale... SCREW is not one of them.

I do like the not banging your gf analogy though.

Also agree with you that if you don't use it, and don't want it, don't get it.

I won't buy one without, I want that extra room both for seating and covered storage.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an equivalent thread where SCREW vs SCAB is thoroughly discussed right here on FRF http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f4/screw-v-scab-please-give-me-*your*-legal-opinion-important-case-3527/

A lot of good info in that thread as well. One person says he parks his SCREW in his standard size garage along with another car. I have a hard time believing that. Anyone reading this parking their SCREW in a standard size garage?

I did some measuring and the 2012 -2014 SuperCrew Raptor's length was 232.1". I measured my standard garage and its going to be close, a few inches to spare. The garage handle on the inside might have to be removed but I don't use it anyway.

I stand corrected and am happy to see my SCREW should fit in my standard garage :)

Last edited:

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really tried to make the SCAB work but there just isn't enough leg room. I'm right at 6' and I can't comfortably sit in the back. I went and sat in one twice.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I choose a 2013 SCAB as I'm empty nest and I will never ride in the back. It works with a couple adults in the back for a couple of hours but if you have the front seats all the way back there isn't much leg room. Also, with a SCAB you can maneuver around in parking lots easily. With the SCREW not as much.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of good info in that thread as well. One person says he parks his SCREW in his standard size garage along with another car. I have a hard time believing that. Anyone reading this parking their SCREW in a standard size garage?

I did some measuring and the 2014 SuperCrew Raptor's length was 232.1". I measured my standard garage and its going to be close, a few inches to spare. The garage handle on the inside might have to be removed but I don't use it anyway.

I stand corrected and am happy to see my SCREW should fit in my standard garage :)
What size is a "standard size garage"?

I have an attached two car garage and parked my 2012 Raptor SCREW inside every night. I had at least 2' to spare front to back and several inches in height. My wife's Subaru Legacy fits next to me inside the garage, but she never parks in the garage so it frees up more room for the ZT mower and ATV.

mberger111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh.

I've got a Crew Cab F250 right now. I've probably needed all the seats in that truck twice in the last 10 years, and a supercab would have worked anyhow. A supercab is just fine for me.

But a larger gas tank would be nicer. Not 3k nice though.

And just remember about resale value--it's like not banging your girlfriend so she'll be more appealing to her next boyfriend.

Buy the truck you want, not the truck you think the next person is going to want.

I hear ya there. It's ridiculous to not drive vehicles since they'll depreciate anyway, but the $3,000 premium shouldn't be the reason not to get the Screw either since you'll get it back in resale. But good point.

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a SCAB work truck... I thought I wanted a SCAB until I sat in the back of it and realized the back of my Wrangler had more room. I'm going with a SCREW.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much shorter overall is the SCAB vs SCREW? Isnt it like 12 inches or something like that?

What contributes to the 12 or so inch reduction? Is it the lower seating surface, floorspace or both?

It would be nice if there a dimension specific diagram.

Last edited:

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both. The length of the floor is shorter, so they also shorten the length of the seating surface to compensate. It's okay for short hops, but your brothers get pissy if they have to ride in the back for very long. Not only will they not have leg room, but arm and face room are also shorter in supply. If I didn't need a back seat, I'd get the SCAB, but it just won't work for me.