Supercab vs supercrew... leg room and appearence

What 2017 Raptor do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of us have 4 kids and a wife....

Won't even fit in the SCREW backseat...that's their problem though. As long as I get my front seat!

Sbautz

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Ordered a 17, obviously through order isn't submitted yet. Still questioning over and over if crewcab is the best decision.
I think the crew cab with 5.5' box looks very unpropirtional. The Supercab look much more fitting and sporty.
The only reason I'd get a crew is for comfort for friends if we end up going on a few long trips together.

SOOO...
I'm looking for input from the guys who have sat in the back of a Supercab. Is it comfortable, or does the seat in front really get in the way???
ALSO, for those of you who have seen them in person, does the Crew look unpropirtional??

The problem is, the 2g option to crew will easily be earned back in retail value...

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got carseats & boosters, so the SCREW is my only option. I will only ever go SCREW when buying a truck. Help out a ton on resell, plus, the extra interior room never hurt anyone.

mberger111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SCABS are a little lighter and shorter wheel base, but really for a few thousand more it's tough to beat the SCREW. You will definitely lose on resale value so the cost difference is actually in the SCREWs favor. Looks are subjective of course, but the SCAB will slightly win the off road capability, but IMO, the comfort and extra storage makes the SCREW a no brainer when capability will be minimally different.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy, but I had a screw last time and even with a kid in a car seat and another in a booster, I'm going scab this time....hoping the scab drives just a touch smaller than my screw did last time around, so I'm willing to give up the space

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This scab vs. screw has been hammered a lot. I found a great thread of pros vs cons here. http://www.************.com/threads/supercab-vs-supercrew.8635/

That thread is on Raptor Forum Z and it appears this forum is blocking links to that site. LAME!
Google search this Ford F150 Raptor supercab vs. supercrew and you will see it.

I agree, the scab looks unproportional to me so I went screw even though no family to put in back. All that extra cab room will be nice as well as the larger gas tank, 10 gallons!

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
This scab vs. screw has been hammered a lot. I found a great thread of pros vs cons here. http://www.************.com/threads/supercab-vs-supercrew.8635/

That thread is on Raptor Forum Z and it appears this forum is blocking links to that site. LAME!
Google search this Ford F150 Raptor supercab vs. supercrew and you will see it.

I agree, the scab looks unproportional to me so I went screw even though no family to put in back. Another downside to the screw is unless you have an extended size garage it won't fit in a standard garage. I'm in AZ, that sucks, but it gives me motivation to buy that bigger house with a bigger garage I've been wanting :)

There's a lot of history between this forum and the Z. I won't go into it, but FRF is not on good terms with them. So that's why there's an address filter.

Here's an equivalent thread where SCREW vs SCAB is thoroughly discussed right here on FRF http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f4/screw-v-scab-please-give-me-*your*-legal-opinion-important-case-3527/

As for my personal opinion. I really don't think you're ever going to NOT want the room the SCREW offers. On the other hand I've definitely wished my SCAB was a SCREW many, many times.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh.

I've got a Crew Cab F250 right now. I've probably needed all the seats in that truck twice in the last 10 years, and a supercab would have worked anyhow. A supercab is just fine for me.

But a larger gas tank would be nicer. Not 3k nice though.

And just remember about resale value--it's like not banging your girlfriend so she'll be more appealing to her next boyfriend.

Buy the truck you want, not the truck you think the next person is going to want.