Supercab vs supercrew... leg room and appearence

What 2017 Raptor do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is SCAB. I currently have a SCREW and before that I had two Crew Dodge 2500's. I can only think of a handful of times that i have ever had people in the back seats of my trucks. Normally its only myself and a buddy or girlfriend. In the event someone is in the back... its cause we're driving down the street to go get dinner or something.

That being said... next truck for me is definitely going to be a SCAB whether its a F-150 or a Raptor.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd agree. From a function stand point, it was great to have my SCREW - seats folded up and the dogs had more room than they knew what to do with. When I had 2 people in the back seat, 1 was 6'4" and the other was normal size, they had more than ample room. However, from a performance and capability stand point, I was in a lot of off-road situations where I was scraping, high-centering, and pretty sketchy switch backs that you wouldn't normally take a limo on. The SCAB is the better option between the two, but the SCREW is a better DD in my opinion. If I lived closer to the desert or went off-roading multiple times a week, the SCAB would be it.

As @KaiserM715 said, don't cross off the SCAB as a family vehicle - as it still has more leg room than a lot of SUV's and mid-sized 4-door trucks (4Runner, Tacoma double cab, etc).

Does the SCAB really have more room than a tacoma double cab? If thats the case im changing my order SCAB. I have plenty of room back there as it is with my tacoma.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Does the SCAB really have more room than a tacoma double cab? If thats the case im changing my order SCAB. I have plenty of room back there as it is with my tacoma.

The legroom isn't the problem, it's accessing the rear. Parked in a lot with cars on both sides, trying to load people into the back, is a challenge at best. If I had to do it multiple times a day I wouldn't have a SCab for more than a few days.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think it makes much difference in looks. I was more concerned with mileage and performance but it isnt much there either. My 2 boys will appreciate the extra space, and we'll all appreciate the easier access. Keeping it crew!

RayMac1963

Reaction score
Don't know if you pulled the trigger or not, but here is my 2 cents. I got my 12 SCREW Raptor little over a month ago, but i have owed a 04 Lariat SCAB since it came off the line. I put every one of 180k miles on it. (BTW, i still have it for work) I always though the crew's aspect was a little "off". I still think the SCAB looks better. But my kids were 8 and 3 when i got it. They are big now, and the extra space is something i wish i had opted for on the first truck. I never realized how bad it was all those years until now. There are a lot of trips and things that would have been easier to do or go to with the crew. You get use to the look, the space and flexibility is worth it.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score

Tacoma double cab 32.6"

2016 F150 SCAB 33.5" (Raptor should be the same)

COaUtOJUNKIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the Supercrew. The legroom is great, and also great for extra covered storage space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatguyfromford