Supercab vs supercrew... leg room and appearence

What 2017 Raptor do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Does the SCAB really have more room than a tacoma double cab? If thats the case im changing my order SCAB. I have plenty of room back there as it is with my tacoma.

I sold an 2006 Tacoma Double Cab for a 2011 Raptor SCAB. Leg room and head room are very similar. Slight advantage to the SCAB. Obviously the SCAB is much wider so you do gain in hip room.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The legroom isn't the problem, it's accessing the rear. Parked in a lot with cars on both sides, trying to load people into the back, is a challenge at best. If I had to do it multiple times a day I wouldn't have a SCab for more than a few days.

Agreed, that normal opening rear door is a huge plus. Plus I believe there is only a 7 inch or so differnce between trucks in overall length.

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, that normal opening rear door is a huge plus. Plus I believe there is only a 7 inch or so differnce between trucks in overall length.

More like almost 20" unless the numbers google pulls up are wrong.

Dimensions: 232-251″ L x 80″ W x 76-77″ H

These are what I've been using to tell if the truck will fit in my garage... I wish it was only a 7" difference. That would make things much easier.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More like almost 20" unless the numbers google pulls up are wrong.

Dimensions: 232-251″ L x 80″ W x 76-77″ H

These are what I've been using to tell if the truck will fit in my garage... I wish it was only a 7" difference. That would make things much easier.

I was a little bit off, but not much.

220.6" SuperCab
232.1" SuperCrew

So 11.5" difference.

Now this is for gen 1, I don't know about gen 2. But parked side by side, the difference is not that much. I have always felt the SuperCrew looked more balanced and symmetrical than the SuperCab, but that is subjective.

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a little bit off, but not much.

220.6" SuperCab
232.1" SuperCrew

So 11.5" difference.

Now this is for gen 1, I don't know about gen 2. But parked side by side, the difference is not that much. I have always felt the SuperCrew looked more balanced and symmetrical than the SuperCab, but that is subjective.

Ha... you know what the 232 number is what I was using to measure against my garage since thats about 19.3 feet but then google started popping up the 251. But then searching screw now gives a 244 overall length. Man, can't trust the googles.

Attachments

• raptor.jpg
    raptor.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 161
  • raptor screw.PNG
    raptor screw.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 109

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha... you know what the 232 number is what I was using to measure against my garage since thats about 19.3 feet but then google started popping up the 251. But then searching screw now gives a 244 overall length. Man, can't trust the googles.

And these dimensions don't include the rear bumper. That's probably another 6" at least.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my SCREW, it's great for my dogs, and works as my locker room. I can't stand when I go to the gym on base and every dude on base are in the locker rooms changing.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from a single cab 75 chevy to a 2006 mega cab dodge diesel to my current 2013 SCAB raptor. So I've experienced several different sizes. I think the biggest thing I haven't liked about my scab is normal opening doors. Plus you have to take your seatbelt off to open the rear doors which has caused some laughs during my ownership. My next truck will definitely be a screw but I love how beastly my scab looks. If you want that sick pre runner look go scab. If you want that clean Starbucks stomper look go screw. I've sat in a few screws and the cab is so spacious it is pretty comparable to my old mega cab. I have no kids. Just a dog and girlfriend, but I like leaving my golf clubs and a rifle in the back seat most days so it's nice having that rear seat folded up with all that space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronn