Stupid Things People Say About Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Oh man i hate hill descent........
I have a pretty steep grade slope going along a cliff 20-30 feet. The Gravel steep grade is a good 70 yards then into a 90 degree left. It was damn icy in the fall and the slope was a ice rink. I thought id try hill descent 2nd time ever to avoid stutter braking and start slipping....

I start of going like 5kmph.... about 20 feet in I START SLIDING . i was a split second from hitting a 90 year old HUGE tree slidding down doing 20. i had to disengage hill descent > into 4wd > 1st gear> throttle steer sideways.
that was actually the closest time i ever wrecked my truck

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If one more person asks me 'How's the gas mileage on that thing?" while I'm filling her up, I just may set them on fire.

I really think people should look at the mileage any big suv is getting. Heck a Yukon is like 10 city and 15 highway and the Expedition is not much better than the Raptor (13/18). I know we talk about it a lot but it's honestly about the same as quite a few trucks or suv's.

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats true. I asked a buddy who owned a Tundra 5.7... or 5. something, if he got 16 mpg on the highway. He laughed and said, "yeah maybe down-hill with the wind on my tail!"

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh... I always get the mileage thing, too.

Just had a buddy yesterday ask me what I got for mileage.

"Normal driving at the speed limit, around 14.5mpg."

"Me too!" :rage: <==== (He has a brand new ecoboost... as does my Dad, who is currently getting 13.9mpg)

Not that I drive it to save on the fuel bill, but I thought that was pretty damn funny!

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Went to CarMax to sell my old DD (used to have 3 cars, now down to 2 between the wife and I) and the guy asked why I just wanted to sell it. I told him I already bought a Raptor and he goes "Oh, those are sweet! How much did you pay...like $80?"

I looked at him and said "Really? Think about what you just said. You just said that Ford makes an F150 that sells for $80k. Does that really make sense to you?" ******* idiot.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to CarMax to sell my old DD (used to have 3 cars, now down to 2 between the wife and I) and the guy asked why I just wanted to sell it. I told him I already bought a Raptor and he goes "Oh, those are sweet! How much did you pay...like $80?"

I looked at him and said "Really? Think about what you just said. You just said that Ford makes an F150 that sells for $80k. Does that really make sense to you?" ******* idiot.

shoulda said nah, $90 with the x-plan.