SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Flashing rear amber are not a good idea, they are very distracting for the following trucks. A solid amber is best for following trucks, flashing is only good for sudden stops (hazzards) or recovery oprerations.

The flashing tends to cause disorientation for most drivers.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run my Vertex on solid not flashing. Most of the deck mounts can be run on solid as well. Agreed that flashing is not a good idea unless you have to pull off trail or road with a problem.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am right below the bridge tonight and the lake effect snow is full on white out mode. My rear amber is getting great reviews from friends. The back of the truck has so much snow on it the tailgate is now flush with the rear bumper.

One thing I did last year was to clear off the tail lights at each stop. It is surprising how fast they get covered up.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the third brake light is also good as sometimes it is all you can see if the taillights get partially covered up. It tends to stay fairly clear.

skee

Reaction score
Anyone considered using or used the cheap magnetic battery operated led hazard lights for rear facing ambers?

Would they survive the weekend for those of us who don't have time and/or a desire to wire up a permanent solution?