SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3 things to do before the run.

1. Snow/dust light rear facing amber
2. Amber lense protector film for light bar and hood HID
3. New tires, loved my duratracs last year same this year

Can't wait to do this again

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You went through a set of duratracs in one year? :?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

No but they will have close to 20K on them mostly Highway and 2 rallies they look new but are at maybe half tread. I am all about great traction but really I want a summer set and winter set. I could run them for sure but I have the stock wheels so why not make a winter set. Now if I could get a Blizzak or a Hakka in a 315/70/17!!

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but they will have close to 20K on them mostly Highway and 2 rallies they look new but are at maybe half tread. I am all about great traction but really I want a summer set and winter set. I could run them for sure but I have the stock wheels so why not make a winter set. Now if I could get a Blizzak or a Hakka in a 315/70/17!!

The biggest blizzak size is 285-70-17 in the DM-V1.

They're a bit narrower/shorter than the factory size, but, they're only $169 on tire rack.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The issue with the shorter tire is the abs traction and stability control have a hard time functioning correctly especially in snow. I don't have personal experience on this truck but have seen this issue crop up on other cars.