SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody going to stud their duratracs? The legal issue is debatable. Clearly legal for off road use. I'm thinking of ******** some in for the weekend.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Studding can be very cool I have run studded tires in MI before and never had an issue with the law but they are not legal on the street. Real auto studs are much better for the life of the tire because only the tip is exposed. Screw in style like a cold cutter type screw is not good since they will tear out of the tread and degrade the tread block. I have seen a new tire with screw in studs look like its been in the harsh desert for a 1000 miles after only a few laps on the ice. I would not go the screw in style as well because those studs do bad things to your truck and other following trucks when they do come out.

I don't think it would be bad to stud with the auto style and make them you winter tires. Ow you just need to find someone how has a stud gun and the right length studs.

Last edited: