SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need some advice on light filters for the run from some SnoBall vets.... By the time I get to the run I should have 4 Vision-X HID XPs and 2 Vision-X Cannons.

So the question is which filters worked best...all amber, all blue, no filter or combinations?

Amber works well. Blue is just for snow, but I have not tried blue yet, but will before Snoball this year. I ran amber last year and I dont recall seeing any trucks running blue. Both Todd (ShooterAMG) and I will be running blue covers on our light cannons if they work well during the pre-run.

White (no filter) is not a good choice, so you need color. White light just reflects back at you in snow....and theres gonna be plenty of that! :evillol:

wolfnnc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amber works well. Blue is just for snow, but I have not tried blue yet, but will before Snoball this year. I ran amber last year and I dont recall seeing any trucks running blue. Both Todd (ShooterAMG) and I will be running blue covers on our light cannons if they work well during the pre-run.

White (no filter) is not a good choice, so you need color. White light just reflects back at you in snow....and theres gonna be plenty of that! :evillol:

Thanks, I would be interested to hear how you like the blue over the yellow on the pre-run...probably go that route....but u make a good point, probably get more use our of the Amber, then that of the blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I would be interested to hear how you like the blue over the yellow on the pre-run...probably go that route....but u make a good point, probably get more use our of the Amber, then that of the blue

Agreed. And seeing your from NC, you'll get a lot more use with amber covers.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep us updated on the blue covers at the pre run. I'll wait to order any until I hear some hard facts.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Whenever I traveled through Europe this summer, in Sweden and other cold countries, every vehicle with auxiliary lighting on the front had blue lenses. I didn't see any amber lenses.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant was running both amber and blue last year, not sure if he ran them independently though

40D_01242013285.jpg

774624_470275939674287_24449698_o_zps37658e25.jpg

Damn this seems so long ago, cant wait to get back

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One thing I was just thinking about, most state laws would not allow a light with a blue cover on it. I know they would only be used when offroad but even traveling on road with blue lenses could cause some issues. Anyone with insight on this?

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing I was just thinking about, most state laws would not allow a light with a blue cover on it. I know they would only be used when offroad but even traveling on road with blue lenses could cause some issues. Anyone with insight on this?

Yeah I'm pretty certain it's a "No-no" in VA...

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's a "No-no" in VA...

I wouldn't even think to put them on in VA. Lol. Sometimes local areas can have their own views on things though. If it's a common practice for offroad lights because they are best for snow then it may be something that is overlooked, unless you're being stupid.

I'm just thinking, for practicality, it would be useless to put them on and take them off every time you go on and off a public road. Where as amber isn't illegal (in most places) and can be left on the light.

Last edited: