SnoBall 500, as seen by "The Puzzler" truck #30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an ABS work around planed all ready. The problem is when the back wheels lock up the ABS starts firing all calipers..
I'll get it..:happy107:

Solution here... The MC runs directly to the ABS unit. I am planning to make new lines installing a adj prop valve(even though probably dont need) and leaving the ABS unit intact and connected. That way it will fire but wont send any pressure to the wheels, trick it into thinking its working but its really just flapping in the breeze and ya wont get any lights...
With these new ABS disk systems they dont have a propped system anymore cause the ABS unit is the determining factor based on what the wheels are doing...

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job on the video Matt! Really good stuff. I just got to see it as I passed through Hong Kong coming back to the states. No Utube where I was at. Super cool stuff my friend.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solution here... The MC runs directly to the ABS unit. I am planning to make new lines installing a adj prop valve(even though probably dont need) and leaving the ABS unit intact and connected. That way it will fire but wont send any pressure to the wheels, trick it into thinking its working but its really just flapping in the breeze and ya wont get any lights...
With these new ABS disk systems they dont have a propped system anymore cause the ABS unit is the determining factor based on what the wheels are doing...

I was thinking more of a electrical solution.
I'm going to shut down the ABS controller..This will not only disable the ABS but also completely turn off all babysitters. I.E. -Traction Control, Hill Descent,Off Road Mode and the ABS...I have already done this BUT.... One down side is the E-locker is also disconnected.. As you know the rear end in an open diff. situation can be dangers in high speed off roading. So a work around must be found.. I have found it.....Stay tune for the wiring diagram and explanation.. So now with the flip of the switch all sitters are off and the E-locker is activated and stays on at all speed in any wheel engagement..
2-High till you run out of room..lol
Then with the flip of a switch every thing is back to factory so the wife is safe.....

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to shut down the ABS controller..This will not only disable the ABS but also completely turn off all babysitters. I.E. -Traction Control, Hill Descent,Off Road Mode and the ABS...I have already done this BUT.... One down side is the E-locker is also disconnected.. As you know the rear end in an open diff. situation can be dangers in high speed off roading. So a work around must be found.. I have found it.....Stay tune for the wiring diagram and explanation.. So now with the flip of the switch all sitters are off and the E-locker is activated and stays on at all speed in any wheel engagement..
Then with the flip of a switch every thing is back to factory so the wife is safe.....

I think this should be labeled "ROCK ON" Lol

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ah yes, a wife/mom to worry about. I do understand that... Aint got that situation here...

Last edited:

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although super cool, seems like a lot of work for a hand brake. I feel like this should be a lot easier though, like a reflash, or a "dumber" abs solenoid. Maybe find one from an older truck? The late 90's ones didnt really do anything, and they look similiar, I have no idea of something like that would even work.

Obvioulsy i am just guessing here, but this seems like its getting very complicated, and complicated lends to issues down the road.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although super cool, seems like a lot of work for a hand brake. I feel like this should be a lot easier though, like a reflash, or a "dumber" abs solenoid. Maybe find one from an older truck? The late 90's ones didnt really do anything, and they look similiar, I have no idea of something like that would even work.

Obvioulsy i am just guessing here, but this seems like its getting very complicated, and complicated lends to issues down the road.

I asked a few friends about shutting things off. Now since the system talks to all the different modules you need to somehow fake a signal to them all ...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You can only have so many dummies in the loop.. Lol

-Greg (aka squatting dog)