Smokin deal add stealth winch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTILE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to get into the middle of this debate. I just want to know how you were planning to get that Warn Powerplant HD mounted behind the grille and out the fairlead hole without having to cut any OEM parts and also without having the fairlead offest to the left of center.

I am getting ready to have a custom bumper fabricated over here in Dubai - kind of a mixture between ADD Stealth and SDHQ Pre-runner styles.

Wasn't sure if the Warn PPHD would fit easily and was concerned about the weight (115lbs), so I bought a Warn 9.0rc (54 lbs) to stuff behind the bumper and was planning on mounting the Warn VTC compressor in the bed under my Bakbox.

Now I'm concerned about the pulling capacity of the 9.0rc.

Bottom line is I only want to do this once, so if anyone has mounted the Warn Powerplant HD behind the grille of a 6.2L, I'd like to learn from your experiences, exchange the 9.0rc for the monster setup and free up that space in my truck bed.

OP
OP
DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the event...so sorry not to update anyone. Its not that I ddnt have a contingency to the bumper- I did. It meant I had to have one of our crew drive another support vehicle out there. I do always prepare. It just would have been nice NOT to have sunk 5k into a solution that didnt happen, and then drop another 2k paying for another worker to drive another vehicle and the gas both ways.

Raptile- hmmm, I bet they didnt even check that. the Warn is still in the box, so it may not fit....not my problem though. Drama over for me. Good luck!

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a good time, Call DubbsFaris aka Warren @ ***-***-xxxx :ROFLJest:

I won't even go there about sending hookers to his house! Strippergram!!!

I had to look up Bakersfield because I have never heard of it. It is a ghost town in Pecos County. Just a good 8 hours away from San Antonio and not even a town. Driver must have lived there or pulled over by DPS (highly probable in the area) because there isn't shit around there. Weird. I drive through Pecos County 5-6 times a year. The last time being 2 days ago and a week and a half ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the bumper is a funny story.

Truth is, I decided to go ahead and put it on my truck. Im actually glad I didnt sell it now. Not because I like it so much, (which I will say, I DO like the way it looks) but because there are problems with it. Just like with SPRSNK, the bumper doesnt match the mounting points for the stock bumper. It was off on the header so far that it needed to be redrilled, and I guess ADD didnt bother checking to see if the WARN powerplant actually fits, which it so doesnt fit by a longshot.

So in the end, I have a bumper that doesnt line up to our mount holes, and a winch I have to leave in the box.....but hey, the RIGID 40" light they sent me works great...good job with that.:flipthebird:

I mounted my license plate over the ADD logo so I never have to see that....perfect fit I might add...:waytogo: