Smokin deal add stealth winch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a Service manager in a industry that tolerates no ******* around , we put parts or orders on the next flight out if needed . I have experienced things people will not believe , i.e. had the president of Air France put the Concord on stand buy to fly a part to where it was needed.
The point is we all know good service makes or breaks you , anyone can build good products it's how the buying experience goes and how you support that product after the fact . ADD is fortunate to have a flush hand right now ; meaning a good problem: to many orders for their current capacity.
My hope is they apply the very valuable lessons that can be learned from this experience.

• First you tell customers what they need to hear not want they want to hear.
• You do not tell customers to call you to remind you of the commitment you have made to them.
• If you have a time line change you contact your customer pro-actively to discuss the matter and explore options.
• If possible you make an order of this nature a priority and move it up in production to hit the deadline , but only after you contact any customers it may impact.
• Better time management and order tracking .
• Material / stock forecasting.
• Soft skills. aka people skills.
• PRO-ACTIVE COMMUNCICATION ( AGAIN ). Treat your customers how you would want to be treated. Think how impressed you are when you receive follow up phone calls or just updates. I know you are busy right and don't have time for this . YOU Don't HAVE TIME NOT TO , or you won't be busy.
• If a situation arises such as this you contact the customer and discuss contingencies and if it happens that you fail to meet a deadline you volunteer a concession or ask what you can do to make it right.
• YOU DO NOT GET IN a standoff with A CUSTOMER at all costs , especially in a public form. Yes ADD rep was angry , felt he did all he could , felt like he wanted to clear his name and the companies and as a result just made things worse. Hind sight being 20/20 what should have occurred was a public apology and a simple reassurance that you would do all you could to make it right by the customer . The results of this action would have been demonstrating to your core group of customers that you will do whatever it takes to ensure you have 100% satisfied customers and yes you would have had to swallow your pride or any anger you may have felt. If these actions would have been followed you would have had this entire board seeing that you TCB and don't **** around. This is probably the case and that is why I took the time to rant on all of this in the hope that you will apply the lessons learned.

For an example of a guy who get's this look at Randy. He not only goes through great personal sacrifice to ensure his customers are happy , it is apparent he truly cares . What comes to mind is a thread I read once long ago . He had a customer driving all night after taking delivery and Randy instead of going to bed kept calling to check up on him and even offered to stay on the phone with him to ensure he stayed safe and alert . This is an example of true customer service and taking care of your customers above and beyond . Good luck .

OP
OP
DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Ironman...I didnt even consider the prank stuff...but it did make me smile thinking about random things showing up...other than Butterbean and his dog! (Sorry Mr. Pork, couldnt resist! LOL I chose Butterbean over Dynamo from Running man because at least Butterbean was a badass, if that makes any difference!)

Deadeye- You put into words exactly what I was trying to express, only without the emotion of it. But this is an industry wide issue I see all the time. It really does make me want to start a business in the industry, because I could never dream of missing deadlines and selling unstocked parts like so many of these vendors do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Btw- Micah, that's not the business address it was delivered to. You delivered it to 4810 nw industrial drive. The tradesman address is indeed my actual address. And you revealed my real name, but hey, it's just a name and address. What's to get worked up about? Details.

If I gave out your personal address I'm am sorry, According to Google earth it is a commercial building in a commercial area, with a business name attached. It sure doesn't look like a residence, My only intent was to show the date.

Reaction score
I am a Service manager in a industry that tolerates no ******* around , we put parts or orders on the next flight out if needed . I have experienced things people will not believe , i.e. had the president of Air France put the Concord on stand buy to fly a part to where it was needed.
The point is we all know good service makes or breaks you , anyone can build good products it's how the buying experience goes and how you support that product after the fact . ADD is fortunate to have a flush hand right now ; meaning a good problem: to many orders for their current capacity.
My hope is they apply the very valuable lessons that can be learned from this experience.

• First you tell customers what they need to hear not want they want to hear.
• You do not tell customers to call you to remind you of the commitment you have made to them.
• If you have a time line change you contact your customer pro-actively to discuss the matter and explore options.
• If possible you make an order of this nature a priority and move it up in production to hit the deadline , but only after you contact any customers it may impact.
• Better time management and order tracking .
• Material / stock forecasting.
• Soft skills. aka people skills.
• PRO-ACTIVE COMMUNCICATION ( AGAIN ). Treat your customers how you would want to be treated. Think how impressed you are when you receive follow up phone calls or just updates. I know you are busy right and don't have time for this . YOU Don't HAVE TIME NOT TO , or you won't be busy.
• If a situation arises such as this you contact the customer and discuss contingencies and if it happens that you fail to meet a deadline you volunteer a concession or ask what you can do to make it right.
• YOU DO NOT GET IN a standoff with A CUSTOMER at all costs , especially in a public form. Yes ADD rep was angry , felt he did all he could , felt like he wanted to clear his name and the companies and as a result just made things worse. Hind sight being 20/20 what should have occurred was a public apology and a simple reassurance that you would do all you could to make it right by the customer . The results of this action would have been demonstrating to your core group of customers that you will do whatever it takes to ensure you have 100% satisfied customers and yes you would have had to swallow your pride or any anger you may have felt. If these actions would have been followed you would have had this entire board seeing that you TCB and don't **** around. This is probably the case and that is why I took the time to rant on all of this in the hope that you will apply the lessons learned.

For an example of a guy who get's this look at Randy. He not only goes through great personal sacrifice to ensure his customers are happy , it is apparent he truly cares . What comes to mind is a thread I read once long ago . He had a customer driving all night after taking delivery and Randy instead of going to bed kept calling to check up on him and even offered to stay on the phone with him to ensure he stayed safe and alert . This is an example of true customer service and taking care of your customers above and beyond . Good luck .

I can appreciate and agree on everything you said. But I would like to ad that I was not angry, and also I did apologize in public here is my quote's

"I am sorry you are so frustrated." "I am truly sorry it did not arrive on time."

I will say it again, I am very sorry and I say that with sincerity, I would have loved for you to have had the bumper on for your event.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could never dream of missing deadlines and selling unstocked parts like so many of these vendors do.

Dude, this is custom fabrication. Yes they have jig to mass produce them but that doesn't mean it travels down an assembly line like a Ford manufacturing plant. I'm really not trying to get in the middle of all this but the thing was two days late. Shit... I've waited months for things to get done to my truck but at the end of the day, it's all worth the wait.

OP
OP
DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is my office address. Whether or not it is my office or home address no one needed to know really. I mean, with just my name they can look up my home address, property values, etc.
Theres a website for that. not 100% accurate, but I have used it. Its more you gave out my full real name, but I am not upset either way about that, it isnt an issue....thats just something someone else brought up, but its probably not the best idea regardless of business or residence. All addresses are public information. I dont know where ironman works, or bojangles, and posting it on a public forum because the business itself is public information is irrelevant to the fact they work there. Employment is not public information necessarily. (Used mods as an example, but you get my point I hope) Most people would like to keep that kind of information private either way. Just a suggestion though.

Look, its done...I wish you guys no ill-will. But I already know a phone call gets ZERO accomplished anymore. If I call you out on a forum, I bet things get noticed, and maybe the next customer gets a better experience. I just wanted to give my take on a not so great experience. I could have driven down to the local ranch hand, or 50 miles up the road to the company that built the SEMA bumper, and had them do it for half the money. Your product is only worth what people are willing to pay. The bumper is nice I hear, but I didnt get it in time for when I really needed it. Thats why Im upset. I have a couple people interested in the bumper, and if one of them actually takes it, you dont ever have to worry about me or my issue again.

OP
OP
DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, this is custom fabrication. Yes they have jig to mass produce them but that doesn't mean it travels down an assembly line like a Ford manufacturing plant. I'm really not trying to get in the middle of all this but the thing was two days late. Shit... I've waited months for things to get done to my truck but at the end of the day, it's all worth the wait.

I fully understand that. And when I bought my last Shelby, I was told it will be ready when it is ready. Not, it will be ready by this date. When it took 10 months to get it, I wasnt pissed.

I needed a solution for a particular event. I called them 2 months ahead, they committed to doing it. I could have done something different, or they could have just sent the winch/compressor and I would have had a hitch mount fabricated. Wasnt given any of those options, and then was always told I would have it in time. Every project I do is custom job, and for every day Im late it costs me between $800-1200.00 in penalty charges alone from the state of Texas. I FULLY understand your desire to cover for your buddies, but it is what it is. I asked for a deadline, they agreed.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's covering for anybody....

I would recommend having a contingency plan for these kind of event requirements. Given the known backlog for all of the vendor's wonderful add-ons, it's practically a moon shot to expect a JIT delivery. I'm a project manager, and one thing I always remind myself is that you don't get what you expect, you get what you accept. Always plan for the worst. Be ready for and with plan B.

I'm just sayin'....