Side vent lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
This is great! I'm definitely gonna put these on, but promise to give you credit mprice 1234. They're gonna look great with the tux black. Did anyone put them in the hood like previously mentioned? I am interested but not sure they wouldn't shine back at me since the louvers (however you spell it) are pointed in that general direction.

Not sure how visible the lights would be on the hood vents. Only high vehicles and people in the truck would be able to see any light from the LED's.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hood vents might be very distracting to the driver at night. I have hood mounted HIDs, and the light reflection from them can be annoying.

The side vents look really nice! Cool mod to the OP poster.

I'm sure I could find some uses for these LEDs.

:Jedi:

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it was one of those things once I said it and got over the "initial GREAT idea" I realized its not very practical since they do face towards you.

Moridin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading a couple of posts about this, I decided to do it as well. Fun project and relatively inexpensive, and one of those things that just gives the truck a little extra.

Got the amber LED's from Xtremeledsonline, a little different looking than the others I've seen posted. They came in a string of 20 squares, with 4 LED's per square.

I cut them down to 6 squares since that's what fit with this particular set of lights.
IMG_5147.jpg

Mounted on the rail inside.
IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

Raptor Retrofit amber evil eyes shining bright with the new side vent lights.
IMG_5159.jpg

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Waterproof?

After reading a couple of posts about this, I decided to do it as well. Fun project and relatively inexpensive, and one of those things that just gives the truck a little extra.

Got the amber LED's from Xtremeledsonline, a little different looking than the others I've seen posted. They came in a string of 20 squares, with 4 LED's per square.

I cut them down to 6 squares since that's what fit with this particular set of lights.
IMG_5147.jpg

Mounted on the rail inside.
IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

Raptor Retrofit amber evil eyes shining bright with the new side vent lights.
IMG_5159.jpg

Are those LED's waterproof? They don't look like they are. the one's I used can be used underwater in waterfalls and pools.

Moridin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're waterproof. Completely sealed in epoxy, though I make it a general rule to keep my vehicles out of waterfalls and pools. :bowroflwerd6:

In the picture on the website, they looked like the same style ones you got. But what showed up was these. Since these were really bright, and I actually liked them being more flat instead of like a raised box, I just went with them.

Moridin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This forum has been awesome in giving me ideas, tips, and tricks... so throwing up a couple more pics for future Raptor owners searching the forums like I did.

Side vent with headlights on. In person the amber of the LED's matches the stock amber lights exactly.
IMG_5178.jpg

Also, while I had the vents off, I put some vinyl tape behind the area where "SVT" is. Another idea I got from reading this forum. I got a 12" x 12" square of silver and red from a local craft store, and cut them to size. 4" x 1.25" worked perfect.

First tried out silver...
IMG_5166.jpg

While I liked it, and it seemed more classy with my mostly blacked-out truck, it just didn't "pop." And at certain angles it seemed more white than anything else.

So next I tried the red...
IMG_5165.jpg

And that looked a lot better on the black, so that's what I went with. The other money pit agreed, so I figured I had to be on to something.

How the strip of adhesive vinyl looks without the vent.
IMG_5167.jpg