Side vent lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I thought. I thinking you can just cut out a square of instead of outling the letters since the vent will take care of the lettering. BTW - It looks great....

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. I thinking you can just cut out a square of instead of outling the letters since the vent will take care of the lettering. BTW - It looks great....

Yes you can just cut out a square, I was going to do it today but to dame cold, the best part of cutting a square, is that the vent slides back and forth about an 1/8 of an inch, if that happens you can tell were the cuts are,with a square you won't see that, so its all up to the person on how they want to do it, eather way its not a bad job.

Last edited:

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of how it looks during the daytime?? I already have my lights in there, but now I'm ready to do some cutting!

Can't wait to see how the hood lights look too.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of how it looks during the daytime?? I already have my lights in there, but now I'm ready to do some cutting!

Can't wait to see how the hood lights look too.

I can take a daytime picture for you, I can tell you if you have a lighter colored truck such as myself, your gonna want to back the cut out with some sort of colored film, or acrylic, because if your close enough you can see the frame work and seem sealer , I ordered a piece of amber acrylic to back mine up, plus it will give it color during the day , when lights aren't used.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I initially was looking for some frosted vinyl to put on top of the opening. Some frosted lexan or similar would work good to in that location. Like you said, on a light colored truck it's a necessity and the main reason i was asking.

Thanks!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
post up any good amber film/acrylic you guys find for this one! I'll bust out the dremel and cut mine for this mod!

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
post up any good amber film/acrylic you guys find for this one! I'll bust out the dremel and cut mine for this mod!

Couple sellers on ebay, I have a couple of acrylic stores saved in my favorites that I can post when im not in work, but the easiest source is office supply like staples ( transparent colored clipboards) and or the covers that are used on the offroad lights , like rigid and others.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score