Side vent lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! I've been working up an idea to do the SVT logo with LEDS for awhile that would work similar to the el tape mod, but haven't gotten around to ordering the smd's and other components I would need. Cutting out the logo never even occurred to me! That looks great and it's not as if the three extra holes are going to effect the fender/vent at all. Nicely done!

I've got another project for next week now!

Which dremel bits did you use to do this?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! I've been working up an idea to do the SVT logo with LEDS for awhile that would work similar to the el tape mod, but haven't gotten around to ordering the smd's and other components I would need. Cutting out the logo never even occurred to me! That looks great and it's not as if the three extra holes are going to effect the fender/vent at all. Nicely done!

I've got another project for next week now!

Which dremel bits did you use to do this?

I can have the info on the bits I used posted for you tonight, wont be till late , being im on a double shift today, any info or questions feel free to PM,

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can have the info on the bits I used posted for you tonight, wont be till late , being im on a double shift today, any info or questions feel free to PM,

I'm more interested in how you traced the SVT so perfectly before cutting them out. The lines on the letters look OEM cut.

How much space is there between the SVT letters in the grill that pops out and the uncut fender? I had thought about using some sort of aerosol spray to spray across the vent letters so that it traced them out perfectly onto the fender. And then use a grease pencil to trace it out. I wouldn't know what kind of spray to use.. something like WD-40 is what I am thinking of, but thicker so it doesn't run.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more interested in how you traced the SVT so perfectly before cutting them out. The lines on the letters look OEM cut.

How much space is there between the SVT letters in the grill that pops out and the uncut fender? I had thought about using some sort of aerosol spray to spray across the vent letters so that it traced them out perfectly onto the fender. And then use a grease pencil to trace it out. I wouldn't know what kind of spray to use.. something like WD-40 is what I am thinking of, but thicker so it doesn't run.

I would say just get a nice sharp point on a grease pencil and trace the edges of the vent. Remove the vent and draw an 1/8" or so border around the trace for the area to cut. Would think you just need the fender holes slightly bigger than the SVT to accommodate for any play in the cover.

As was mentioned before. A square hole covering the hole area of the SVT would work just as well... Though cutting the letters does look really nice! ;-)

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say just get a nice sharp point on a grease pencil and trace the edges of the vent. Remove the vent and draw an 1/8" or so border around the trace for the area to cut. Would think you just need the fender holes slightly bigger than the SVT to accommodate for any play in the cover.

As was mentioned before. A square hole covering the hole area of the SVT would work just as well... Though cutting the letters does look really nice! ;-)

True true. Do you know how much space is between the vent letters and the fender?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True true. Do you know how much space is between the vent letters and the fender?

There is no space, if you pull the vent and look at the back, you will see the letters lay on the fenders. Page 10 or 11 shows how I did it, if you have a dark colored truck you will need to use masking tape so you can see the out line, all I did was trace out the letters with a sharpie marker, and went at it, I cut the letter a little wider than the vent letters, you can also cut out a square if you chose, the vent dose slide back and fort about an 1/8 of an inch, if the vent does slide under use you will see the uncut fender.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no space, if you pull the vent and look at the back, you will see the letters lay on the fenders. Page 10 or 11 shows how I did it, if you have a dark colored truck you will need to use masking tape so you can see the out line, all I did was trace out the letters with a sharpie marker, and went at it, I cut the letter a little wider than the vent letters, you can also cut out a square if you chose, the vent dose slide back and fort about an 1/8 of an inch, if the vent does slide under use you will see the uncut fender.

That's what I was wanting to hear. If there's no gap at all, a grease pencil will be perfect

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
J Damage.... I just realized you cut out the SVT letters.....wow that looks nice. What did you use to cut it so cleanly?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J Damage.... I just realized you cut out the SVT letters.....wow that looks nice. What did you use to cut it so cleanly?

Used a dremel tool with a #194 bit to cut, and a small grinding stone to smooth and finish.