Side vent lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, and not trying to be an ass..

Conduit is not used in houses that often.. Normally it is Romex or metal clad cable (rat rope). EMT (electrical metal conduit) is normally found in commercial buildings..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)
see? im no house electrician haha. i havent been on a roof for a very long time. but the last time i was, it had the conduit. now days i guess they dont use it anymore.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
No, I cut into the loom a little South of where it broke off into the separate two-wire loom. I didn't want to travel halfway up the hood to get to the single loom. Not sure, I guess it could be different...

There must be a difference between '10s and '13s, I had a smaller loom with only those 2 wires at the base of my hood, right next to the big loom. Was nice and easy to tap the wires for me. :)

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I'll snap a picture after work and post it up. I have 2 looms at the driver's side base of the hood, smaller one has the pair of wires for the parking lights.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Being an ass here!!!

just to clarify.... and i am not trying to be an ass of any kind.

the plastic shielding you are talking about is called "split flex loom"
conduit is referred to as the metal that goes around the wiring in your house walls.

Wire Management | Conduit & Wraps | Split Nylon Conduit

Search online for plastic Flex and shazam! Plastic flex conduit and not loom, not saying it's not called loom somewhere but the package I got at Home Depot was Flex split conduit. It's great how a thread can get off topic isn't it?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it always does. typical frf...... in the car audio industry, its always been called loom, but regardless, its black, has a cut down the side, and covers your wires. so whatever anyone calls it, im sure we will know what it is.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great! I'm definitely gonna put these on, but promise to give you credit mprice 1234. They're gonna look great with the tux black. Did anyone put them in the hood like previously mentioned? I am interested but not sure they wouldn't shine back at me since the louvers (however you spell it) are pointed in that general direction.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the louvers under the hood, but then that might be a bit much...

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe...if you do please share pictures as I'd love to see what they look like before I put them on mine ::takingonefortheteam::