Side vent lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
This modification is easy as pie, but in all seriousness, wiring it into the green/yellow in the factory harness is a bitch!

I'll provide some night pictures, but as of now, I'm diggin' the results. Hopefully my hack-job wiring stays in place for a good long while. This is pretty cool.

Wiring was easy for mine... Are you wiring to the wires in the individual wire loom that has only 2 wires in it?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wiring was easy for mine... Are you wiring to the wires in the individual wire loom that has only 2 wires in it?

No, I cut into the loom a little South of where it broke off into the separate two-wire loom. I didn't want to travel halfway up the hood to get to the single loom. Not sure, I guess it could be different...

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Wiring

No, I cut into the loom a little South of where it broke off into the separate two-wire loom. I didn't want to travel halfway up the hood to get to the single loom. Not sure, I guess it could be different...

What your calling loom I refer to as flex conduit, mine was wrapped with standard electrical tape so I just took a razor knife and cut the tape where I wanted to tap into. I only had one flex breaking away from the main wiring going up the hood with two wires in it. The flex is split its full length so access to the wires was easy after undoing the tape.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just to clarify.... and i am not trying to be an ass of any kind.

the plastic shielding you are talking about is called "split flex loom"
conduit is referred to as the metal that goes around the wiring in your house walls.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just to clarify.... and i am not trying to be an ass of any kind.

the plastic shielding you are talking about is called "split flex loom"
conduit is referred to as the metal that goes around the wiring in your house walls.

Just to clarify, and not trying to be an ass..

Conduit is not used in houses that often.. Normally it is Romex or metal clad cable (rat rope). EMT (electrical metal conduit) is normally found in commercial buildings..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to clarify, and not trying to be an ass..

Conduit is used for must outdoor electrical applications like a swimming pool pump or central air conditioner.