Side vent lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Nice!

I put in same spot as OP, couldn't be a better spot! Thanks again for the idea!!

IMG_8313.jpg
IMG_8317.jpg
IMG_8319.jpg
IMG_8322.jpg

That looks great! Really adds to night driving and so much better then the Recon side vent LED's with the white letter problem. I don't think the film they are using to mask the white color SVT will hold up over time and this set up is so much cheaper.

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 8 of them for a bed light setup.

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

I wired them to AUX4. Went with red as it doesn't inhibit your night vision like white does. Plenty of light. 18 inches between the lights on the sides, Velcro backing to stick to the bed run and wire loomed for durability.

I put a 2 prong plug in the corner of the bed for quick disconnect if I need them out, and ran the power feed along the right side of the frame, behind the right fender and up to the firewall where it terminates.

These little lights are awesome.

I may do an under hood setup...

Last edited:
OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Sweet!

I used 8 of them for a bed light setup.

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

I wired them to AUX4. Went with red as it doesn't inhibit your night vision like white does. Plenty of light. 18 inches between the lights on the sides, Velcro backing to stick to the bed run and wire loomed for durability.

I put a 2 prong plug in the corner of the bed for quick disconnect if I need them out, and ran the power feed along the right side of the frame, behind the right fender and up to the firewall where it terminates.

These little lights are awesome.

I may do an under hood setup...

Looks sweet! Love the red, good choice. Yes these are awesome little lights.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great idea and mod! Can you guys show a photo of where you tied into the grill lights?

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Divers back corner of hood

Great idea and mod! Can you guys show a photo of where you tied into the grill lights?

Mine's all in flex plastic conduit and taped so I can't really show it but on the drivers side of the hood up in the rear corner the wiring harness splits and runs up and to the front of the hood to the grill marker lights. There is just two wires running in the factory flex conduit, the green/yellow wire is the positive.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This modification is easy as pie, but in all seriousness, wiring it into the green/yellow in the factory harness is a bitch!

I'll provide some night pictures, but as of now, I'm diggin' the results. Hopefully my hack-job wiring stays in place for a good long while. This is pretty cool.