Shakin' while Brakin'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dleclerc27

Reaction score
yep, take the clips off the studs, but if that caused a vibration it would also cause a vibration while driving.
Awesome, thanks for the input - I didn't end up having to play with any clips, I just swapped out rotors and it worked. I did, however, have to buy a stud installer/tightener tool, as I'd bonked one loose - great, cheap tool to have on hand in case you're as novice as I am.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without anyplace in my area that will or "likes to" turn rotors anymore, that has become a thing of the past in my area.
I just buy new rotors.
I will share in case it helps...
My shocks are so bad now (165,000 miles, and the factory stock as far as I know and guess) that I got bad wheel hop when braking anywhere near hard.
The hop is felt through the steering wheel too and could have some thinking it is warped rotor or just the brakes.
I actually need all of the above, but in case you don't seem to find cause and fix, keep the shocks in mind.

OP
OP
D

dleclerc27

Reaction score
Without anyplace in my area that will or "likes to" turn rotors anymore, that has become a thing of the past in my area.
I just buy new rotors.
I will share in case it helps...
My shocks are so bad now (165,000 miles, and the factory stock as far as I know and guess) that I got bad wheel hop when braking anywhere near hard.
The hop is felt through the steering wheel too and could have some thinking it is warped rotor or just the brakes.
I actually need all of the above, but in case you don't seem to find cause and fix, keep the shocks in mind.
Great heads-up and thank you. I am hoping to push off shocks for as long as possible now that the rotor situation has been fixed; I had actually looked at a few shops that listed rotor turning as a service only to find out that none of them actually did it anymore.