Saw one on the road today - now I want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I drove past one on the road today. Man! They look way better in person.

I'm wondering if I could do a flat trade in for one with my 2013. It's got 25,000 miles on it in pristine condition. Corsa extreme exhaust. Truck covers USA. And some other (in demand) upgrades - you can see them all in my profile.

What do you guys think? How much of a hit would I take if not?

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm wondering if I could do a flat trade in for one with my 2013. It's got 25,000 miles on it in pristine condition. Corsa extreme exhaust. Truck covers USA. And some other (in demand) upgrades - you can see them all in my profile.

That would be wishful thinking! A flat trade like you pay nothing?

Dealer wont give you anything for your upgrades btw.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you want one straight or close to straight across you should probably sell your 13 before the 17s hit the market. Some people think the 10-14s will hold their value when the 17s are out and some dont.

I say strike when the iron is hot and sell now and get top dollar for your 13 because there is a chance the 10-14s will drop in price when the 17 is out.

I could be wrong and you could still get top dollar after the 17s are out but who knows what the Gen 1 market will actually do.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, since they are not in production yet, sooooooooooo, I am sort of disbelieving, plus your are still dreaming if you think you can get a straight trade for ANY used Raptor. :)

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm, since they are not in production yet, sooooooooooo, I am sort of disbelieving, plus your are still dreaming if you think you can get a straight trade for ANY used Raptor. :)

The OP is in Michigan so it is very plausible that he did see one. Just saying.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If values are still holding up that well, and you get a relatively spartan '17 Raptor, an even trade might be doable. ;)

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen one too (black screw), they test all sorts of new production vehicles out on the highways here. You can tell by the white manufacture's plates they sport. Even when they test them out in other states they usually still have the Michigan mfg plates on them.