Roush exhaust installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Roush exhaust today. Did it myself in my driveway. Was surprisingly pretty easy to do.

All I can say about the sound is; HOLY SHIT!!!!! IT Sounds freaking amazing. The videos of the sound that have been posted DO NOT do the sound justice at all. The deep throaty rumble, No drone at highway speeds.

Don't know why I waited this long to get it and I will not be going back to stock. I guess the free 2 day shipping is what finally pushed me.

I can for see my MPG going down even more now, cause I won't be able to keep my foot off the floor....but I am not complaining, I am loving it.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LoL welcome to the Roush Exhaust club! and yes... my mpg took a small hit cuz im always hitting the pedal harder than i should... now get yourself a cut out to go with it for some real fun! :waytogo:

OP
OP
hungerforraptor

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear! Do all Roush systems have the rear exit under the bumper?
From what I have seen on the Roush website all their exhausts do exit under the rear bumper. I prefer that set up because it doesn't get all the crap on it that the tires throw up. Hated having to wash all the mud and crap from between the pipes.

Hungerforraptor, which PN did you get?

Part number that I got is: 421248

You have not seen anything yet, add 5 star tune and AFE intake.

I do have the 5 star tune and the AFE intake.... I want to stop on it all the time, just to hear that engine roar.

Installation was easy, required tools:
13, 15 and 18mm Deep well sockets
Sawzall or hack saw ( something to cut pipe to correct length).
If you have an impact gun it will make loosening and tightening the bolts go faster, but I used my 1/2" drive ratchet and a lot of elbow grease.

I used a bottle jack to lift the body of the truck a few inches to give me more clearance to remove factory exhaust. I put the jack under the tow hitch and that lifted the body just fine for me.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

LoL welcome to the Roush Exhaust club! and yes... my mpg took a small hit cuz im always hitting the pedal harder than i should... now get yourself a cut out to go with it for some real fun! :waytogo:

I am thinking about getting a cut out.....

When I had the factory exhaust off, I started the truck to hear what it would sound like, and it sounded even more badass, if I could drive around like that I would.

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably listened to every clip on YouTube before I stumbled on the Roush clip and I was instantly sold. And the price blows all the other out of the water.

I picked up my Roush exhaust and CAI from Stage3 at a great price and would never consider another setup on a 6.2L. Those who opt for something else are really missing out.