Roush exhaust installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of your setup? I am having a hard time picturing this.

Thanks

Yes..you reuse some of the factory piping. My suggestion is you leave the resonator in line to start and if you want more sound, then delete it...i had to weld it back in and much prefer the tone with it

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of your setup? I am having a hard time picturing this.

Thanks

I think this may be what you are after..sorry i dont have better pics. this was before we reinstalled the resonator. you have to cut some of the stock exhaust to length for the roush. i believe they use the same kit for all f150's so as a result you have to reuse a little bit from the stock piping.

Attachments

• roushinstall.jpg
    roushinstall.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 81
  • roushexhaust2.jpg
    roushexhaust2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 87
  • roushexhaust3.jpg
    roushexhaust3.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 86

ford raptor

Reaction score
Yes..you reue some of the factory piping. My suggestion is you leave the resonator in line to start and if you want more sound, then delete it...i had to weld it back in and much prefer the tone with it

Can you upload a sound clip with the resonator plz?

Because I want to get the roush cat back exhaust but I am afraid that it will louder than what I want.

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
I'd like to hear it with the resonator still installed as well. I was one of the first to go with the Roush Catback and CAI when they released it for the Raptor. No regrets here. Still sounds awesome. The only issue I have is that when I'm on the phone making business calls, people on the other end can hear the exhaust, even if I'm just cruising. So I'm constantly putting myself on mute. My driveby sound clip is on YouTube. Most of you have probably seen it...last time I checked there were over 3000 hits

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Roush catback here and love it, it's perfect.

Haven't had any issues with calls and I use the sync for calls all the time. The exhaust sounds like stock on the highway. Lower gears and accelerating it's got some tone in the cab, but not bad at all. Nice throaty grumble.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent! Will the Roush CAI or exhaust have any effect on warranty? I'd like to do both, but wouldn't to run into any issues down the line. I'm more concerned about the CAI than the exhaust, but figured since we were talking about both, I might as well ask.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The CAI gets iffy. While it SHOULDN'T have any effect on the warranty, if there are any engine issues down the road, it's a lot easier for them to point their finger at the intake and blame that, than it is for them to do it on a catback. And while you can fight it, it's still a fight, which itself is a PITA.

Heck I've even had the dealer blame my muffler on my last truck. I was getting a ticking noise, I wanted them to check the plugs incase one was ready to spit (2000 2v 5.4 notorious for spitting plugs), and they told me that the back pressure from my aftermarket muffler was probably causing an exhaust leak up stream making the ticking noise, and I should put a stock muffler back on to remove the restriction. I said are you f'ing serious? My straight through 14" magnaflow muffler that you can SEE striaght through, is more restrictive than that 24" long UPS truck sized muffler I replaced? I don't think so lol. Then he recommended i replace my spark plug wires while it was in if they were going to check plugs. I just said give me my keys back, my truck is a 5.4 and it has COPS, not plug wires, I'll do my business elsewhere.

Needless to say, I'm avoiding the headache and keeping the stock intake for another 2 years till my warranty is up. I'll do other mods in the mean time, and the day my warranty expires I'll buy my truck a present of an intake and tune lol

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The CAI gets iffy. While it SHOULDN'T have any effect on the warranty, if there are any engine issues down the road, it's a lot easier for them to point their finger at the intake and blame that, than it is for them to do it on a catback. And while you can fight it, it's still a fight, which itself is a PITA.

Heck I've even had the dealer blame my muffler on my last truck. I was getting a ticking noise, I wanted them to check the plugs incase one was ready to spit (2000 2v 5.4 notorious for spitting plugs), and they told me that the back pressure from my aftermarket muffler was probably causing an exhaust leak up stream making the ticking noise, and I should put a stock muffler back on to remove the restriction. I said are you f'ing serious? My straight through 14" magnaflow muffler that you can SEE striaght through, is more restrictive than that 24" long UPS truck sized muffler I replaced? I don't think so lol. Then he recommended i replace my spark plug wires while it was in if they were going to check plugs. I just said give me my keys back, my truck is a 5.4 and it has COPS, not plug wires, I'll do my business elsewhere.

Needless to say, I'm avoiding the headache and keeping the stock intake for another 2 years till my warranty is up. I'll do other mods in the mean time, and the day my warranty expires I'll buy my truck a present of an intake and tune lol

Haha...now that's ridiculous. But I thought that Roush had a good relationship with Ford and Roush parts could maintain the warranty. Is that not true?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That all depends. If you buy it through Ford Racing, and have Ford do the install, you're in much better terms than just buying it yourself aftermarket and installing it.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That all depends. If you buy it through Ford Racing, and have Ford do the install, you're in much better terms than just buying it yourself aftermarket and installing it.

Fair enough....I'll have to keep that in mind. Although, I've always gone with the idea of the less the techs touch my truck, the better. Nissan, Ford, or anybody.