RIP My 2022 Raptor....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hpschrank

Reaction score
That was thought as well Cdiddy….seems like an accident like that would make the new somewhere…as stated, I’d press for details

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was thought as well Cdiddy….seems like an accident like that would make the new somewhere…as stated, I’d press for details
eh, this stuff happens all the time. Short of knowing exactly where to possibly find it on a local news story probably be hard to find.

Sucks OP, hope they can give you priority on a replacement. We had 2 different 300K+ garbage trucks get wrecked in the delivery process, one of them ended being an 11 month delay and this was well before Covid.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got lucky and bought two vehicles I needed just before all the COIVD shit went down. Needed a couple of daily drivers for me and the wife, I got one in late 2018 and the other in summer of 2019.

Already had the Raptor, and a couple garage queens.

Sucks to be looking now. Good luck.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Late to the thread,
But similar to the ship that was on fire and sunk with 4000 high end vehicles on board.

A friend of mine had a special edition Porsche that he waited almost 2 years for that was on that ship.

Porsche dealer contacted him and he is in limbo right now while Porsche figures out what they are going to do.

I believe (at least by the sounds of it) it was some limited production model and Porsche is trying to determine if replacing it is A: even possible given the suppliers were told they only had to make a certain number of parts
B: if replacing it violates the "limited" production number

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Late to the thread,
But similar to the ship that was on fire and sunk with 4000 high end vehicles on board.

A friend of mine had a special edition Porsche that he waited almost 2 years for that was on that ship.

Porsche dealer contacted him and he is in limbo right now while Porsche figures out what they are going to do.

I believe (at least by the sounds of it) it was some limited production model and Porsche is trying to determine if replacing it is A: even possible given the suppliers were told they only had to make a certain number of parts
B: if replacing it violates the "limited" production number
Thats the car carrier that leaned over off of the Georgia coast 3 years ago? The crew left a door open (for the harbor pilot to exit), and because the ships' engineer fudged the ballast numbers, it was out of balance and keeled over in shallow water. Having left that door open didn't help. They decided to cut it up and scrap everything... ship, cargo, everything. Including some SWEET cars.

Attachments

• 20220321_140000.jpg
    20220321_140000.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 38

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats the car carrier that leaned over off of the Georgia coast 3 years ago? The crew left a door open (for the harbor pilot to exit), and because the ships' engineer fudged the ballast numbers, it was out of balance and keeled over in shallow water. Having left that door open didn't help. They decided to cut it up and scrap everything... ship, cargo, everything. Including some SWEET cars.
You ever watch how they dismantled that ship. using chain as a saw blade. Amazing.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it amazing if I watched my beloved Porsche being sawed into pieces. I'd be That Guy who rented a boat, sailed up to the hull, and said gimme my MF'ing Porsche!