Review Of China 2x2 Cubes & 30" Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!

I think I'll keep it where it's mounted, it's just above the FORD where my Blackhawk is just below the FORD, so it's pretty symmetrical, but I may redo the sides with some of those star washers.

For the covers have you found any for 30" or 40" bars? I wouldn't mind having a full set just to clip on for winter months with snow for ambers.

Here's some pics of my lights at night. Now these aren't a true representation of light output because in person the street lamp and stock headlights are WAY dimmer than these pics show, and in person the 30" and 40" are WAY brighter than these pics show, but it gives a decent comparison for where the light shines. So long story short, don't go off the brightness for real world ideas, but you can go off of beam pattern and where/what is illuminated, that is still accurate. You can see the 30" bar is great for up close and wider, and the 40" bar is great for further down the road and more focused.

Attachments

• LEDs0.jpg
    LEDs0.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 130
  • LEDs6.jpg
    LEDs6.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 94
  • LEDs7.jpg
    LEDs7.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 66
  • LEDs8.jpg
    LEDs8.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 92

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well since that shrank it down so much, here's the individuals.

Attachments

• LEDs1.jpg
    LEDs1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 78
  • LEDs2.jpg
    LEDs2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 77
  • LEDs3.jpg
    LEDs3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 67
  • LEDs4.jpg
    LEDs4.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 66
  • LEDs5.jpg
    LEDs5.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 61

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lets put this to rest once and for all.

I have never said that half my house or half my truck or 3/4 of my life wasn't made in America. I fully realize that it is next to impossible and implausible to buy fully American made products.

What I am saying, based on personal experience is that most "chinese" made products are woefully inferior to quality controlled products manufactured in the United States or managed from the United States as to the end product.

How many animals have died from chinese tainted dog and cat food? How much lead paint are you and your children willing to ingest to save a few bucks?

Against a backdrop of rapid socio-economic change and modernization, China continues to be an authoritarian one-party state that imposes sharp curbs on freedom of expression, association, and religion; and arbitrarily restricts and suppresses human rights defenders and organizations, often through extra-judicial measures.

Hey, don't be the man that stands in front of the tank , be the man who helps them build more.

Infinite, I apologize for derailing this thread. You are giving guys great information and tips. I will bow out of this discussion. Feel free to have mods delete my posts if you feel it necessary. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I haven't looked for any bar covers like the cube covers. But I do have a pair of smoke covers on my 20" Rigid amber bar, mainly so the bar doesn't stand out in the bumper during the day. Assuming the Rigid brand covers would fit, if I'm not mistaken they come in 10" lengths so you'd have to buy accordingly.

One thing I almost did prior to getting the covers for the cubes was get some translucent amber vinyl to put on top of them. I think it'd look better when off and maybe produce a more amber colored light.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like most all the ebay setups I'm seeing are 30+ degree setups or more, do they offer true spot setups? Funny a couple say "spot" 60* lol

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am all for buying American, but Rigid and the rest don't make them in the US. They are "assembled in the US" which could mean anything from changing shipping boxes to installing a sticker on them. Some of the money still goes to China either way.

I so much agree with you. Just because you ship from US and have a warehouse in US does not mean it's MADE IN USA! Plus the guys at Rigid are so ridiculous overpriced...

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried messaging the seller about a 40" with CREE LED's but no response in a few days now...Really want the 40" but only if its got CREE LED's

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I tried messaging the seller about a 40" with CREE LED's but no response in a few days now...Really want the 40" but only if its got CREE LED's

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I happen to be looking into a supplier right now that offers 10 watt CREE LED light bars that are kinda like Vision X's XMITTER LOW PROFILE PRIME XP LED LIGHT BAR.
They look just like this

XIL-LPX3310_catalog.jpg

A 40" which is actually 39.1" is
240 watts
20400 Lumens
24pcs*10w high intensity CREE LEDs
9V - 70V DC
Waterproof IP rating: IP68
Life-span:: 30000hours
Color temperature:: 6000K
Diecast aluminum housing
BEAM: 8degree Spot/60degree flood/Combo (I can ask if they would do all spots if need be)

These are no name brand which come directly from the supplier and yes they are Made in China.
I believe they mount from the bottom.
They also offer 4.6", 7.8", 10.9", 17.2", 20.3", 29.3" for sizes.

If you want to do a group buy I can get a price and it's not going to cost the 1200 bucks that Visions is.
Any interest?

I'm looking to buy a 40 for myself.