Retrofitted LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK this is what I'm talking about probably cost prohibited but I'm a nut.

7240-untitled.jpg
[/IMG]

This would be awesome! . The cost is what I would wanna know as wel, lol.

Method NV/37's
Boatec front and Rear fenders
Rigid dually's in fogs
FOR NOW!
usageda3.jpgysazahu6.jpg
se8y8aba.jpg

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it would be way too much. I was thinking maybe uh figured out a space between that look decent I don't know

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Think about it though Wilson, you present the product and name the price. Ppl will pay, look at them paying for labor on headlight retrofits. Tail light retros is a totally different ball game.

Method NV/37's
Boatec front and Rear fenders
Rigid dually's in fogs
Heads retrofitted by me!
FOR NOW!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is all RSIworks I'm just thinking out loud. I agree if people can afford it why not make it but for me 4k is a bit out of my league ok a lot lol.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

P.S. Rogers workmanship is top notch but it's the led them selves that get the price to 4k.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
this is all RSIworks I'm just thinking out loud. I agree if people can afford it why not make it but for me 4k is a bit out of my league ok a lot lol.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

P.S. Rogers workmanship is top notch but it's the led them selves that get the price to 4k.

Correct, but I was exaggerating when I said 4k. It may be closer to 2k - 2.5k.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you think that the sequencels will work how they are set so its 123 to the center

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

there would be no space between the two and three so it'd be a solid black just getting bigger

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

I just re watched your video I don't know how that seqIchil would work with the blinkers

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I've used several different load resistors and with little success.
Worked on some trucks and others not so much.
IMG_2472_zps573c7186.jpg

I can swap out the bulbs for different watt ratings to adjust the resistance value. It's been working great so far except for 1 truck for some reason it didn't work.
Benefit of this is less heat compared to the regular load resistors and easier to adjust the resistance.

Figured I'd give this thread a bump since I had a question. Typically what wattage bulbs does it take to get the LED tails to work properly. Fixing to follow suit in hopes of getting my Spyder's finally working and back on the truck. Also, looks like you have a 921 bulb in there, correct?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Figured I'd give this thread a bump since I had a question. Typically what wattage bulbs does it take to get the LED tails to work properly. Fixing to follow suit in hopes of getting my Spyder's finally working and back on the truck. Also, looks like you have a 921 bulb in there, correct?

Yes that is a 921 bulb. The 921 bulb has a wattage of 17.9 watts and provides an OHM rating of .6 - .7 ohms but those need to be connected in parallel to cut that in half.
I've gone a different root since the first release of the tails cause I'm currently running into some heating issues with trying to control the hyper flash with the stock bulbs.
I'm using more precise load resistors and mounting them on an aluminum lid box and I'm going to have it tie into the tails with a quick connect.
This box will be mounted inside the fender of the truck to keep heat away from the light.
Hoping this works. Testing will be starting hopefully beginning of next week.

I have 2 load resistors with a 3.3 ohm rating / 25 watt for parking lights and 2 with a .68 ohm rating / 50 watt for turns.
Negatives are all tied together in the box.

Attachments

• 20130912_083217.jpg
    20130912_083217.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20130912_082930.jpg
    20130912_082930.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 73

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Yes that is a 921 bulb. The 921 bulb has a wattage of 17.9 watts and provides an OHM rating of .6 - .7 ohms but those need to be connected in parallel to cut that in half.
I've gone a different root since the first release of the tails cause I'm currently running into some heating issues with trying to control the hyper flash with the stock bulbs.
I'm using more precise load resistors and mounting them on an aluminum lid box and I'm going to have it tie into the tails with a quick connect.
This box will be mounted inside the fender of the truck to keep heat away from the light.
Hoping this works. Testing will be starting hopefully beginning of next week.

I have 2 load resistors with a 3.3 ohm rating / 25 watt for parking lights and 2 with a .68 ohm rating / 50 watt for turns.
Negatives are all tied together in the box.

Appreciate the reply! I'll be attempting the bulb route shortly, been itching to get my tails working so I can put them back on the truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronn