Recommended radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueHound

Reaction score
For the hose clamp tool I’d recommend the Astro. It’s more expensive than the cheapies (but wayyy less than Snap on). When you need it (like for the brutal lower rad hose on these), you will be glad you spent a bit more!

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt see a ford specific on CBR site…?
I’ve only ran a CBR on a Gen1. RPG sells it. CBR will make a custom radiator for a Gen2 or Gen3, however I have not ran one in those year Raptors. Keep in mind, you will still have to trim the fan shroud for the Gen1.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve only ran a CBR on a Gen1. RPG sells it. CBR will make a custom radiator for a Gen2 or Gen3, however I have not ran one in those year Raptors. Keep in mind, you will still have to trim the fan shroud for the Gen1.

Definitely a good looking piece but...I can almost get another 2 Full Race spares for that much (and my labor is free heh). Or a massive transmission cooler (I'm good with the Ford Saudi cooler there). Not knocking CBR at all and I did seriously consider them but couldn't justify that price since I'm not like competing in SCORE or NORRA.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely a good looking piece but...I can almost get another 2 Full Race spares for that much (and my labor is free heh). Or a massive transmission cooler (I'm good with the Ford Saudi cooler there). Not knocking CBR at all and I did seriously consider them but couldn't justify that price since I'm not like competing in SCORE or NORRA.
I ran the full race 20 Row transmission cooler in conjunction with the CBR radiator and also ran the Aftco heat exchanger with two 10” SPAWL fans for the supercharger in my last Gen1. For cooling purposes, I found that this was the best set up after running all the other radiators (with the exception of the Ron Davis) and heat exchangers on the market. The only radiator that would be superior to the CBR would be the Ron Davis.

IMG_4860.jpeg
IMG_4862.jpeg
IMG_4864.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran the full race 20 Row transmission cooler in conjunction with the CBR radiator and also ran the Aftco heat exchanger with two 10” SPAWL fans for the supercharger in my last Gen1. For cooling purposes, I found that this was the best set up after running all the other radiators (with the exception of the Ron Davis) and heat exchangers on the market. The only radiator that would be superior to the CBR would be the Ron Davis.

View attachment 464422
View attachment 464424
View attachment 464423

What about running remote mount somewhere else for some of that stuff?

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full Race, I have had a FR radiator in my gen 2 now for 2.5 years and it has been great. As for trans cooler, I kept stock, as even towing I don't see anything beyond middle of the road normal temps
B