Recaro seats vs Regular leather seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the Recaro seats a magnet for dog hair??

I don't know about dog hair, they did not attract cat hair from my Maine **** long hair cat. I had him for many years and he used to ride to work with me most days. He thought he was a dog, he was a stray I took in and he LOVED going with us for rides and going to work with me. It always shocked people when they saw a cat looking out the window at them at a light.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I've played a lot of ball up in Parkersburg and Marietta. Like it up there on the river.
If your ever coming thru and need to stretch and refuel...Give me a shout! We will have a raptor meeting and grab a beverage!

Will probably be through there in the next 4-6 weeks. I'll give a shout.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely correct, I actually waited for blue. Who wants an orange interior?

Why are people buying a $75K truck and then complaining about the cost of a few options? If the cost is an issue, I would stop shopping for Raptors.

Its the same people that ask/wonder what kind of MPG a $75k truck gets.. who the F cares is the answer.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely correct, I actually waited for blue. Who wants an orange interior?

Why are people buying a $75K truck and then complaining about the cost of a few options? If the cost is an issue, I would stop shopping for Raptors.

I don’t think it’s a complaint about an expensive option. Had it been a turbo upgrade with a few more horses involved, I wouldn’t have hesitated. My max budget for a vehicle was well above what I paid so it wasn’t the absolute cost. Total matter of preference for many with stock seats. It’s a cost/benefit ratio. Would I pay the difference right now to get the Recaro Seats (and some pieces of CF)? Nope. I liked the feel of the Recaro’s very slightly more than the stock...but for stock seats, the Raptor is superior than the vast majority out there. I was really impressed with them...still am. I think for the long hauls, I like the stock better. If I did a TON of off-roading, I mighta opted for the Recaro’s.

dirtgod

Reaction score
I think they are WAY more supportive and comfortable. That was enough for me after having had several back surgeries. I think they look good. They are on my build and I wouldn't have gotten it without them. I think that people that think they are ugly are ugly! :Moon:

...so they are for Oldfarts with bad backs—I only qualify on one of those

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seats are the same - no difference is construction. The only difference is that the leather covers on the Rocaros that tend to be a little grippier. Sorry to spoil the party.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The seats are the same - no difference is construction. The only difference is that the leather covers on the Rocaros that tend to be a little grippier. Sorry to spoil the party.

Sorry to spoil your party, you are very wrong. The Recaros have an alcantara seat covering on the seating area, not leather. Look at both, sit in both. Completely different seat. That's like saying a Raptor is the same exact truck as an XLT, just with graphics and different tires. I'm think maybe the "Rocaros" you looked at were knock-offs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to spoil your party, you are very wrong. The Recaros have an alcantara seat covering on the seating area, not leather. Look at both, sit in both. Completely different seat. That's like saying a Raptor is the same exact truck as an XLT, just with graphics and different tires. I'm think maybe the "Rocaros" you looked at were knock-offs?

Ha!