Raptors are shipping!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Darin any updates? Wasn't there a rumor that today was the day that the OKTB was supposed to be given?

I saw the mention that today was rumored to be the OKTB day but I haven't heard or seen anything confirming it yet.

My rep told me last week that the target for OKTB was the week prior to that. She still hasn't heard any updates though. I doubt she'll hear any updates before the OKTB is actually given.

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, as a newb of ordering a car. What difference does having OKTB make in the time frame?

Although likely buried elsewhere on the forum, found the below to be helpful explaining the process:

"Brett Stark wrote on 2014, August 30 - 10:16 Permalink
I am familiar with the Ford and Lincoln pre-production processes and thought I might shed some light on the production release process. The start of production is termed MP1 (mass production one, or Job 1). At MP1, the suppliers fill the supply chain with parts and the first few hundred vehicles are built. Once those are completed, production stops for a bit. While those vehicles are tested and inspected prior to the senior management review. The senior management review at MP1 is termed the OKTB event, or OK To Buy. The next production event is termed MP2 (Mass Production 2, or Job 2). The vehicle must receive OKTB before MP2 can commence. MP2 is usually scheduled 1 month after MP1. I have seen MP2 delayed in the past due to production issues that needed to be resolved prior to receiving OKTB. Once the vehicle receives OKTB status, the vehicles are released for delivery to dealers. There are many other pre-production events prior to MP1, (such as FPJ, TT, and PP builds), but the MP1, and by extension MP2 builds, are the most important to the buying public. I hope this helps people understand some of the steps Ford takes to control the release of new vehicles to dealers, and explains the delay you sometimes see between "start of production" and actually seeing vehicles at the dealers."

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info. I've seen a slightly different version of those phases:

· VP - Verification Prototype - first build at the prototype plant

· TT – Tooling Trial - Initial Product / Process Capability Assessment

· PP – Pilot Production - Verification and Validation of Saleable Production

· MP1 – Mass Production Phase 1 - Final Production Feasibility Assessment

· MP2 – Mass Production Phase 2 - Production Ramp-Up (Job One)

· OKTB – Okay To Buy – Okay to ship to dealers

That's from here: https://at.ford.com/en/homepage/new...moving-toward-launch-with-the-super-duty.html

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not even checking on mines any more I know it's built and it will be in eventually can't sit and think about it any more it's better if you just accept that it won't come in this month lol you get much better sleep

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not even checking on mines any more I know it's built and it will be in eventually can't sit and think about it any more it's better if you just accept that it won't come in this month lol you get much better sleep

LOL pretty much. So much for Fall, Late Fall.......I guess Winter now if we're lucky?

And I want to beat the shit out of the Levine guy. What a ******* *******.

yellalab

Reaction score
According to Ford Owner chat this morning, my status has changed from "In Production" (as it has been since Oct 12) to "Awaiting Shipment!!! She couldn't give me a delivery ETA but I'm one step closer and got that GD In production monkey off my back!