Raptor Vs GMC AT4X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mc5601

Reaction score
The AT4X does in fact use mulimatic and will be a very smooth ride although not a true Raptor/TRX competitor

I get a new truck every year and had a 2018 GMC 1500, 2019 Chevy 1500, 2020 Ram Limited, 2021 Ram Longhorn, and now a 2022 Raptor. I can say that all the manufacturers have their pluses and minuses. So far, the Ram has the best interior quality and finishes along with the smoothest ride when equipped with air ride. The Chevy/GMC tech is great with camera mirror and heads up display... my 2021 Ram also had those features and I miss them in the Raptor. My Raptor looks the best and has road presence and acceleration like no other. I also love the Raptor modes to modify the exhaust note as I like to run quiet on the freeway and louder around town. They are all very nice but each one is a quality vehicle with its' own merits

The AT4X will never compete offroad or in the looks department with Raptor but the interior is on par or maybe even a step above a fully loaded 801A. Just being objective and giving credit where credit is due

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
@LuckyKnuckle36 That’s the AT4. The AT4X is probably going to be a 2022.5 and is featured on the GMC site but you can’t build it yet.
Gotcha, I see the multimatics now on some the AT4X articles. That is a huge suspension improvement over the Rancho AT4 shocks, still not the travel of a raptor and offroad capability, no 5 link coil over rear end, 15" of travel, etc but a nice truck if you go that route. I just don't see a capabilities argument there yet. Maybe the ZR2 will compete?

flwrappeder

Reaction score
i will never buy another GM. My $77k Tahoe was the biggest pile of shit with vibration issues that I sued them for. Then at 60k miles the trans goes out. The only good thing was it put my toddler to sleep on every drive.
went through that shit with the trans on a 2013 yukon, 2017 suburban, and a 2019 yukon denali, absolute garbage, all of them. and you think they'll ever learn how to get paint to stick to their vehicles?

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the AT4, basically a Denali minus the chrome. Yeah they are no Raptor, however it would suite my needs.

I would prefer a Raptor, however they are now more than what I want to spend on a truck. Maybe someday I’ll get another one.

Mc5601

Reaction score
I have a 2022 AT4 (not AT4X) refresh on order currently for $62k with my supplier discount - fully loaded. I love my 22 Raptor but if I can cash out and make $10k profit (paid MSRP) I may take the money and run with the GMC. The Raptor is a terrific truck but the market for these vehicles is nuts

BSheppard

Reaction score
I have a 2022 AT4 (not AT4X) refresh on order currently for $62k with my supplier discount - fully loaded. I love my 22 Raptor but if I can cash out and make $10k profit (paid MSRP) I may take the money and run with the GMC. The Raptor is a terrific truck but the market for these vehicles is nuts
I have thought of doing this several times over the past year or so. I have a 2019 with every option minus the stickers. I bought it before everything went crazy in 2020 for under MSRP.

Each time I do a test drive, there is no way I’m moving on from my Raptor. The others just are not as good. There is a reason the Raptors of all generations bring such good money. They are just on another level IMO.

I do love the new code orange and if I could get an allocation for a 37 package, I would sell the Gen 2 after the Gen 3 was in the driveway.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I've had several GM trucks (most with the 6.2, latest a 2018) and they've all been good trucks. I was always intrigued by the Raptor and finally bought one 2.5 years ago, a new 2019 with Recaros, Performance blue, loaded with everything but graphics. Love the truck and it has 42,500 miles now.

I did a reservation on the GMC website (I'm a reservation addict) for a new '22 Sierra Denali Ultimate. I placed my order and am waiting for delivery now (prob going to be a few more months at least). Did the 3.0 Turbodiesel and the Ultimate comes fully loaded with Super Cruise, carbon bed, basically everything. Sticker is around $80k, so it's not cheap, but not bad for all the goodies.

Anyway, not sure if I'm going to get rid of the Raptor as I'm enjoying it too much. I have a long game here as I'm #2 on the C8 Z06 at the same dealer and I could buy the new Sierra Denali, sell it back to them, so they can sell "used" for above MSRP (they only sell new units at MSRP nowadays) and then save the tax credit for the C8 Z06 when it comes in.

Back to the thread topic, I finally glad they put real shocks on the GM trucks with the ZR2 and AT4X, but it's far from a true Raptor competitor.