Raptor Vs GMC AT4X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntwoof

Reaction score
As a new Ford convert, I understand that everyone has their tale of woe, but they can be found in every forum for every manufacturer. I have owned GMC's for over 30 years and NEVER had a single problem other than having to replace a fuel pump on my 2000 Yukon XL after 200,000 miles. My last one is what I just traded in on my Raptor and it was a 2017 Denali XL with 97,000 miles. Not a single issue and I was convinced that with all of the electronics that were added over my 2013 there would be an issue. That said, I don't think the AT4X can hold a candle to the truck that the Raptor is out of the box and based on the price point, GMC is trying to jump into a game that it can't compete in currently.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Has anyone considered the GMC AT4X that's releasing in the next few months?
Seems like valid competition for the Raptor.

A downfall is they've really jacked up the price since the last generation but still along lines as Raptor pricing.

2" spacer lift and basic Rancho shocks? How does that compare to Fox live valve suspension, beefed up frame for Baja, wide body fenders, etc. Better comparison for the AT4 and Trail Boss is the Tremor. Raptor just on another level. Not going to get into GM quality/reliabilty issues...

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2" spacer lift and basic Rancho shocks? How does that compare to Fox live valve suspension, beefed up frame for Baja, wide body fenders, etc. Better comparison for the AT4 and Trail Boss is the Tremor. Raptor just on another level. Not going to get into GM quality/reliabilty issues...

Yes, but how many people go Baja racing in their trucks? GMC trucks look nice and the Trial Boss package is nice as I have seen most of them. Again, you are all missing the picture. Chevy/ GMC is hanging their future on EV research and they are currently building their dealer network to handle EVs. They will have work trucks on up to the Hummer. Most of the Gen 2 owners on here started ditching their trucks with the change in administration and with high demand/ trade in prices. It will have to be seen how capable off road the Hummer will be. The crawl crab walk feature is pretty cool.

At MSRP on a Raptor a Ford dealer is making 10-15 grand, and at ADM add more profits. I kind of walk when I see a Raptor bringing 100K ish money. It is just not there money wise.

Mike K

Reaction score
No but I did want to get a Yukon AT4, those look great when I first saw them. BUT, the big butt, is that I've never seen one ever!!
I was on a list to order one 18 mos ago and never got called...
too bad, I got my 2019 Raptor fully set up now, haha. Their loss.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a new Ford convert, I understand that everyone has their tale of woe, but they can be found in every forum for every manufacturer. I have owned GMC's for over 30 years and NEVER had a single problem other than having to replace a fuel pump on my 2000 Yukon XL after 200,000 miles. My last one is what I just traded in on my Raptor and it was a 2017 Denali XL with 97,000 miles. Not a single issue and I was convinced that with all of the electronics that were added over my 2013 there would be an issue. That said, I don't think the AT4X can hold a candle to the truck that the Raptor is out of the box and based on the price point, GMC is trying to jump into a game that it can't compete in currently.
Those early late 90s/early 2000s GM trucks were quite good tho in all fairness lol

I was same- had 5 GM pickups & now onto my 2nd gen2 Raptor & really dig my Ford lol

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be the stupidest thread yet. Why not just compare the Raptor to something less expensive and still a truck. Maybe the Honda Ridgeline. The Raptor is a purpose built truck. Not just a truck with some extra stuff put on it. As my best buddy Joe would say……”C’mom Man”.

OP
OP
CINISI

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the AT4X uses Multimatic.

agerman

Reaction score
I’m somewhat surprised if any comparisons were to be made with a GM product you wouldn’t reference their upcoming Silverado ZR2. This looks to be their only truck trying to cash in on the Raptor market. It’s not a direct competitor EXCEPT when comparing to the other raptors and trx trucks at Starbucks. That is where the DSSV dampers will really shine while jumping curbs in order to get out of the crowded parking lot all without spilling your latte.

Oh, and they didn’t offer super cruise on it or the At4. You can only get that on their high end models (Denali/High country) if not mistaken.