Raptor Roundup in Vegas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it doesn't look like I'm going to get my Raptor in time for Vegas and the wife wants to head to the ranch for a week. So I hope everyone has a blast and you guys takes lots of pictures!

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it doesn't look like I'm going to get my Raptor in time for Vegas and the wife wants to head to the ranch for a week. So I hope everyone has a blast and you guys takes lots of pictures!

Sorry the timing didn't work out for this Roundip. Yes I'll take pics. I dusted off the decent Canon DSLR for this trip.

Andy

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
How long is the drive to the Speedway? MilkeM said he'd be there @7am, and I expect there's some paperwork to fill out before they let anyone loose on the track. Knowing the amount of Raptor BS that will be flying, I'd suggest 7am @ Food 4 less - especially if anyone has an 8am track slot.

Andy

Good call...7am meet 7:15 depart...Food 4 Less...I'll ask for a role call Friday so I get an idea of how many Raptors to wait for.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blue Diamond is way out of the way for me... and WAY south of the Speedway/downtown. I live way east a couple of miles from the Lake Mead park entrance. I'll probably just take the back way up to the speedway....

There's a good breakfast place at the Speedway exit... Iron Skillet... right off the 15 fwy to the right (Petro Truck Stop) I'm probably going to stop there for breakfast early... 7-ish or so. That might be a good place for everyone to meet up before the event since it sounds like people are staying all over town.

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GunBlog-ShootOut.jpg

Join the GunBlog.com team of contributors at our 1st annual “Shoot Out” Event being held at the New Las Vegas Clark County Shooting Park Sunday June 20th from 8 am to 12 noon!

Shoot the latest Model Rifles and Pistols like the Bushmaster ACR, FN-SCAR, XD-M .45 ACP, Heavily Modified AR-15’s, Glocks, Sig’s and more! We will be running 6 shooting lanes open to all levels of firearm enthusiasts. GunBlog.com Weapon experts will be on hand to help new comers get familiar with the next generation of weapon systems.

The Las Vegas Clark County Shooting Park offers a family fun atmosphere in a safe military like structured shooting arrangement, If you haven’t seen what is said to be the nations top shooting facility you need to make the trip to find out what all the praise is about.

GunBlog.com will be sponsoring the lane fee’s and all you need to do is show up with ear and eye protection as well as your own Ammo. Please bring your own assortment of .223, 9mm, .45 ACP rounds to fire.

No reservation necessary, simply be at the Clark County Shooting park between 8am – 12 noon check in with the front office showing them your ID and make sure you tell them that your there for the GunBlog.com event!

Clark-County-Shooting-Park-Directions.jpg

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im ok with the food for less at 7 am. Its about a 20 minute drive from there to the speedway with no traffic. As for the people staying downtown, its not worth the drive to the south then back up the 15.

Dan- the hand wash is on the corner of Rainbow and Russell, behind the ARCO gas station. The wash at Sam's Club does require a membership to use it.

As for Saturday night, if money is on the tighter side for some, we can BBQ at my house. Let me know if interested.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK:

1. Can I buy ammo at the range or pay someone for ammo I use instead of bringing ammo?

2. Based on Chad's input, I'm north of the airport so we'll drive up to the Speedway instead of meeting everyone.

3. I'm not tight on money but I think it'd be cool if we all got together and barbecued at Chads (generous offer Chad, thanks). Is everyone up for that?

4. Do you guys have a Saturday afternoon trail ride set up? I assume we're going out Saturday afternoon but I don't know how long the Speedway/Ford event will run - does anyone else know?

5. What time does the car wash close and open? (I'm not sure I can make it before they close on Friday and I assume I'll be going to the Speedway before they open on Saturday) Are there hand spray washes around just in case?

I hope we can pull all this together somehow

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im ok with the food for less at 7 am. Its about a 20 minute drive from there to the speedway with no traffic. As for the people staying downtown, its not worth the drive to the south then back up the 15.

Dan- the hand wash is on the corner of Rainbow and Russell, behind the ARCO gas station. The wash at Sam's Club does require a membership to use it.

As for Saturday night, if money is on the tighter side for some, we can BBQ at my house. Let me know if interested.

I just looked up the Food 4 Less. For those of us staying in the El Cortez or Nugget this is a 12 mile trip the wrong way. So where should we meet?

Andy