Raptor Roundup in Vegas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. No clue
2. I have no problem meeting up at the Westin instead of further south. Its a 5 to 10 minute drive between the two places.
3. I think I have no problem with that.
4. Im not sure on what Mark has planned out, but the event does claim a trail run around Nellis Dunes, which has all type of offroading.
5. I do know they are normally for like 8 to 6, there are some quarter car washes around, and some gas stations do also have the touch free carwash that are open 24 hours.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as runs go, lvdezertdawg and I pre-ran quite a few nice (and legal) trails.

The Rainbow Gardens area is not far from the speedway... Then there are some great trails inside the Lake Mead Park... (costs $5 to get in for those that don't have a park pass already though.) Other options too... Boulder City area, dry lake beds, etc.

I thought we'd just see how the day goes since nobody really seems to know how long the Ford event is going to run...

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it doesn't look like I'm going to get my Raptor in time for Vegas and the wife wants to head to the ranch for a week. So I hope everyone has a blast and you guys takes lots of pictures!

Same fir me :sad: (Except for the Wife and Ranch <G>). Was looking forward to meeting you all, next time maybe!

Falcon

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same fir me :sad: (Except for the Wife and Ranch <G>). Was looking forward to meeting you all, next time maybe!

Falcon

That blows, well I want be to far from you, the ranch is located in Arkansas.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That blows, well I want be to far from you, the ranch is located in Arkansas.

Where at in Arkansas? Mayhap we could do a mini-roundup, hillbilly style! <G>. Man... I can hear MMD's mental gears grinding now <GG>

Falcon

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where at in Arkansas? Mayhap we could do a mini-roundup, hillbilly style! <G>. Man... I can hear MMD's mental gears grinding now <GG>

Falcon

Southern Arkansas...real close to the Texas and Oklahoma state lines. We don't have any set plans but we may travel north during our stay.

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly If you guys are all going to drive up together I suggest meeting up at a gas station on the Craig Road Exit up I-15.

That way it's totally on the way, everyone gets to roll in together, and no one has to back track.

To answer Dan's questions (my opinion):

1. Ammo we will have some for sale, walmart is on the same road and has good prices as well.

2. Something 3-4 exits down from the Speedway is ideal for everyone.

3. Have fun!

4. Yup Nellis Dunes has great off roading, also ton's of other places there as well. Lake Mead is good.

5. on Craig & Decatur I know of a place that will hand wash for 35.00 there is also a spray wash there as well.

Just my 2 cents...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We're leaving for Vegas manana - it'll be great to see/meet everyone from this forum and the other one. I figure our membership will go up after this weekend if you know what I mean :mrgreen:

Let's agree on a good location for the Saturday AM meetup.

I'm with Mark on this - he and Ric scoped out some trails for us but let's see how the day goes.

Bring a FRS (or two or three) if you have them so we can communicate on the road/trail.

Chad offered to have a barbecue at his house Saturday night but no one responded. I suggest we figure it out when we're all together at the Roundup. And without putting Chad out too much I'm sure that if we decide to do that we can all put money in or, better yet, stop at a grocery store and/or butcher shop and pick up barbecue supplies so Chad doesn't have to do anything except put up with all of us Raptorfolks. :) Thanks again Chad for your offer!

Thanks too go to Chris (Riku) for hosting us at the shooting range. I appreciate you doing that for us. My wife will not be joining us because we'll have Sadie with us and we can't subject her to the firepower noises (no earmuffs for dogs that I know of - no, I won't use earplugs :D ).

Thanks for the input on the car washes!

I look forward to someone deciding on the meet-up point Saturday morning!

By the way, we expect to be in Vegas around 7-8 PM tomorrow night if anyone will be around call me on my cell (PM me if you don't have it). You can email and text me too.

See you there!

RaptorRoundup2010-1.jpg

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
How about we meet off Craig Rd around 7:15 for a 7:30 departure??? There's a couple gas stations and mini marts right there on the East side of the FWY...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I think you've assumed this by now but just to be clear, we won't be meeting up with you for a caravan. We'll just meet you at the event. Circumstance has us leaving San Jose around 6pm. We wont pull into Vegas till around 3 or 4am. I plan to grab a couple hour nap at the Cortez, then get to the track for an 8:15 run. Joy runs at 10. After that, depending on what's going on, we might try to catch another couple hours of sleep before joining you guys for a afternoon/evening desert run? We'll just take it as it comes.

Gonna be a great time! But its also gonna be quite a haul for us, in a very short period of time. Don't take it personal if we're a bit cranky :mrgreen: