Raptor Delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably called a hundred dealers across the country, no one will even consider putting me on a waiting list to order one for less than $10k over sticker. One dealer even told me that the one allocation they had coming they were already offered $10k over MSRP for it by another dealer. Plus they are all ordering their allocations how they want, including $4.5k of stickers and "applica" which just increases their profits further. It's $15k over MSRP when I price one myself.
I just moved to a mountain in Colorado and need something before the 2-3 foot snow falls hit. It's a tool for me not a toy, but there are too many rich city folk with too much money willing to pay big bucks for toys and a status symbol with big stickers on every side like they are still in 1st grade decorating their folders.
I didn't want to, but I went with my fall-back plan. I looked up a 2017 Dodge 2500 Power Wagon Laramie and it was in stock and $10k under MSRP after rebates, making it $25k below the Raptor. I called up a dealer 2 hours away and they delivered it to my mountain top the next day. Good luck guys, hope the new ones are worth it.

I considered this route as well, but after 6 months of reading the Power Wagon forums and realizing they spend as much time in the shop as on the road, it scared me off.(along with no tech other then wheel travel, sway bar and lockers) terrible power and worse gas mileage... Even with 30K or so miles everyone is repairing non-stop, makes no sense. I do like the newer style, ditching the drug lord chrome grill and graphics. I actually asked a dealer if only cholos bought those....:biggrin:

netskater12

Reaction score
Talked to ford performance yesterday.Gave them my VIN and was told the truck was waiting to be shipped. The rep indicated he heard they would start shipping at the end of month. Hope so.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I probably called a hundred dealers across the country, no one will even consider putting me on a waiting list to order one for less than $10k over sticker. One dealer even told me that the one allocation they had coming they were already offered $10k over MSRP for it by another dealer. Plus they are all ordering their allocations how they want, including $4.5k of stickers and "applica" which just increases their profits further. It's $15k over MSRP when I price one myself.
I just moved to a mountain in Colorado and need something before the 2-3 foot snow falls hit. It's a tool for me not a toy, but there are too many rich city folk with too much money willing to pay big bucks for toys and a status symbol with big stickers on every side like they are still in 1st grade decorating their folders.
I didn't want to, but I went with my fall-back plan. I looked up a 2017 Dodge 2500 Power Wagon Laramie and it was in stock and $10k under MSRP after rebates, making it $25k below the Raptor. I called up a dealer 2 hours away and they delivered it to my mountain top the next day. Good luck guys, hope the new ones are worth it.

There is a reason Power Wagons are going for $10K under sticker.

Just saying.

fixmdude

Reaction score
There is a reason Power Wagons are going for $10K under sticker.

Just saying.

Yes, it's called Ford is having manufacturing issues and they haven't been able to deliver, while Ram has Power Wagons where ever you want one. There are some differences, I really wanted the Ford Technology package, but not $25k in differences. I can use the Power Wagon now for the winter when I need it, sell it next year at a loss when the Raptors are available and the price comes down, then get a Raptor if I still want at no additional total cost compared to paying $10k over now and not having the truck when I need it.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it's called Ford is having manufacturing issues and they haven't been able to deliver, while Ram has Power Wagons where ever you want one. There are some differences, I really wanted the Ford Technology package, but not $25k in differences. I can use the Power Wagon now for the winter when I need it, sell it next year at a loss when the Raptors are available and the price comes down, then get a Raptor if I still want at no additional total cost compared to paying $10k over now and not having the truck when I need it.

No it's called supply and DEMAND and there isn't much demand for that truck.

Discounts are used to move products no-one is buying. Period, end of story.

To think otherwise is simply ignorant.

Your reasons for buying are valid to your situation, just don't think you are getting a deal.

Last edited:

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would never own any kind of Chrysler vehicle. They are absolute garbage. One of my friends was looking at trucks, and I told him to look at a F150. Well he got a "great" deal on a new Ram and shockingly the truck has been nothing but problems since he got it.

fixmdude

Reaction score
No it's called supply and DEMAND and there isn't much demand for that truck.

Discounts are used to move products no-one is buying. Period, end of story.

To think otherwise is simply ignorant.

Your reasons for buying are valid to your situation, just don't think you are getting a deal.

Ignorant is when you think that "Supply and Demand" = "Demand only, forget the supply part when it serves my argument to do so."

The trucks are moving, there is a lot more supply.