Raptor Delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting tired of this ******** waiting game. Need the truck by the end of the year for a 179 tax deduction. I test drove a 17 F450 platinum last night. NICE ASS TRUCK!!!! Might pull the trigger on that one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting tired of this ******** waiting game. Need the truck by the end of the year for a 179 tax deduction. I test drove a 17 F450 platinum last night. NICE ASS TRUCK!!!! Might pull the trigger on that one...

I have absolute zero need for a HD truck but I found myself in the build page last night in the event this continues to drag out. I saw a blue jeans/tan leather with black carpet and almost fell in lust.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Just told by someone's brother sisters uncles Larry's dad haha the raptors are held up for a (pan face oil seals are leaking) not sure if this is accurate but would explain why no trucks have the bumpers skids on

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
160474821.jpg

Damn pan face.....

But on a serious note, if its true then it does make sense. Hopefully its resolved soon....im getting pretty damn antsy....

fixmdude

Reaction score
I probably called a hundred dealers across the country, no one will even consider putting me on a waiting list to order one for less than $10k over sticker. One dealer even told me that the one allocation they had coming they were already offered $10k over MSRP for it by another dealer. Plus they are all ordering their allocations how they want, including $4.5k of stickers and "applica" which just increases their profits further. It's $15k over MSRP when I price one myself.
I just moved to a mountain in Colorado and need something before the 2-3 foot snow falls hit. It's a tool for me not a toy, but there are too many rich city folk with too much money willing to pay big bucks for toys and a status symbol with big stickers on every side like they are still in 1st grade decorating their folders.
I didn't want to, but I went with my fall-back plan. I looked up a 2017 Dodge 2500 Power Wagon Laramie and it was in stock and $10k under MSRP after rebates, making it $25k below the Raptor. I called up a dealer 2 hours away and they delivered it to my mountain top the next day. Good luck guys, hope the new ones are worth it.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably called a hundred dealers across the country, no one will even consider putting me on a waiting list to order one for less than $10k over sticker. One dealer even told me that the one allocation they had coming they were already offered $10k over MSRP for it by another dealer. Plus they are all ordering their allocations how they want, including $4.5k of stickers and "applica" which just increases their profits further. It's $15k over MSRP when I price one myself.
I just moved to a mountain in Colorado and need something before the 2-3 foot snow falls hit. It's a tool for me not a toy, but there are too many rich city folk with too much money willing to pay big bucks for toys and a status symbol with big stickers on every side like they are still in 1st grade decorating their folders.
I didn't want to, but I went with my fall-back plan. I looked up a 2017 Dodge 2500 Power Wagon Laramie and it was in stock and $10k under MSRP after rebates, making it $25k below the Raptor. I called up a dealer 2 hours away and they delivered it to my mountain top the next day. Good luck guys, hope the new ones are worth it.

Good choice. The 17 power wagon is bad ass. Good luck.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You sure it's a 2017? I'm pretty sure the 17 Power Wagons haven't hit the dealers yet. I ran a search on cars.com nation wide and couldn't find one.

fixmdude

Reaction score
You sure it's a 2017? I'm pretty sure the 17 Power Wagons haven't hit the dealers yet. I ran a search on cars.com nation wide and couldn't find one.

You're searching for the Power Wagon, which will have the luxury Laramie package as an option for the first time when it's released soon.

What has existed from before is the 2500 Laramie luxury with the Power Wagon package. That's been around from previous years and the 2017s are already out there. I read that the Laramie Power Wagon 2017 will be phased out after the Power Wagon with Laramie package is available on the new 2017 Power Wagons soon.
The difference is that the 2017 Laramie Power Wagon has a chrome grill and no stickers, with all the Power Wagon tools, while the new 2017 Power Wagon will be Black grill and stickers, and can be gotten with all of the luxury stuff in the Laramie package. It's just a different look to compete more with Raptor, but same vehicle.

Here's a link to one I found on the RAM inventory site:
New 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Power Wagon For Sale in Centennial CO | VIN: 3C6TR5FJXHG539837

And I'll attach pics of mine. The only place it says Power Wagon is across the tailgate in chrome letters.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited: