RADAR Detectors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just make sure there is always a faster rabbit in front of you..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Yea well winning has its disadvantages. Also didn't know how fast I actually was since I outran the speedo but hey Mustang 1, Vette & M3 0, State of North Carolina $500.

At times it is difficult to find a faster rabbit at 185...

Fact. But yea after that I decided tracking my car was a safer, much more fun avenue to race on.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But yea after that I decided tracking my car was a safer, much more fun avenue to race on.
No argument here; I'm glad you have come to that conclusion much sooner then I.
My only excuse: I was not racing, just enjoying the long sweeping turns coming down from Oregon in to California on I5... \
Note to CHP: the 185 is close to the OEM speed limiter (witch was deleted with the tune for the blower) not the speed traveled on your roads; no never...ever...ever...never!

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No argument here; I'm glad you have come to that conclusion much sooner then I.
My only excuse: I was not racing, just enjoying the long sweeping turns coming down from Oregon in to California on I5... \
Note to CHP: the 185 is close to the OEM speed limiter (witch was deleted with the tune for the blower) not the speed traveled on your roads; no never...ever...ever...never!

Yea so am I... insurance was a nightmare for a while. Luckily the state trooper that got me loved mustangs and knocked it down about 60 mph so I have since recovered from that in the eyes of USAA. Was good for me though, lesson learned and a new hobby was discovered.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
From radardetector.net:

Just some useless info: If you took each state above and based 1 Laser/Lidar gun per location then took the number of locations that use Laser/Lidar per that state and divide that into that states total square miles, you would be more likely to encounter Laser/Lidar in the following states:

#1 - New Jersey
#2 - Connecticut
#3 - Massachusetts
#4 - New Hampshire
#5 - Georgia, Florida, Ohio, Kentucky,
#6 - Texas, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, Washington, Illinois, South Carolina, Maryland

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will agree with that and say GA uses them all the time but I have lived in Annapolis MD for 4 years and only seen a lidar gun once. Probably the state size factoring in with the addition of maybe a few counties loving Lidar...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The "little" town i live in uses them all the time... There is one long stretch of road they always sit and use it.. Can't wait till the 9500ci is hooked up... :evil:

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i hate yall..... so much,......

2 years of jail time is something im not looking forward to getting caught with a jammer ing thing or whatever you guys call it.