RADAR Detectors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the K40 with a laser diffuser in my truck. Had a ****** 9500ci in my other car, and have had a VI as well. For the price the Valentine is great, but in my opinion the K40 works the best for me. On a cross country trip this past summer was really impressed at the range of detection. You can not tell the radar is installed, remote works well, programmable w/ GPS, and multiple filter options.

Con is the price.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
9500ci!
The Officer sat: By the time my system locked on I got you at 85; I'm siting you for 85!
My reply was: Thank you Sir!

Without the 9500ci I would likely have been in deep excrement and my car confiscated.
Don't copy me!

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
9500ci!
The Officer sat: By the time my system locked on I got you at 85; I'm siting you for 85!
My reply was: Thank you Sir!

Without the 9500ci I would likely have been in deep excrement and my car confiscated.
Don't copy me!

Haha! And your truck looked liked it was standing on it's front bumper when he got lock!

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha! And your truck looked liked it was standing on it's front bumper when he got lock!
I'm sorry my Friend, I did not intend to mislead.
All my motivated toys have the 9500ci and I was in my SLK 55 AMG with a Kleemann blower, and I was experimenting with the outer limits...

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say that the laser shifter is well worth it for a sports car and even a raptor. Had it on my whippled 09 mustang and it seriously saved my ass. Have a different set up as started earlier on my raptor and it is nice. Mostly run radar up here so the shifters rarely get use.

As for radar most of the time it will tell you "oh hey dont mess around now" but as I have experienced being at 140+ and seeing full Ka band flair up generally just informs you that you are about to be some state trooper's bitch and have a pretty big check to write. Don't expect it to be like some magical cure for lead foot, just a different sense you'll have to make a better informed decision of when to kick it.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say that the laser shifter is well worth it for a sports car and even a raptor. Had it on my whippled 09 mustang and it seriously saved my ass. Have a different set up as started earlier on my raptor and it is nice. Mostly run radar up here so the shifters rarely get use.

As for radar most of the time it will tell you "oh hey dont mess around now" but as I have experienced being at 140+ and seeing full Ka band flair up generally just informs you that you are about to be some state trooper's bitch and have a pretty big check to write. Don't expect it to be like some magical cure for lead foot, just a different sense you'll have to make a better informed decision of when to kick it.

Just make sure there is always a faster rabbit in front of you..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)