R settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azurebeast

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gents this has me going mad and any help is appreciated . In normal mode my truck turns off when the breaks are pressed hard which I cannot stand. Why ford did this is infuriating. Ive read on this forum turning drive mode to sport stops this. So I set things to my favorite settings, sport mode, baha exhaust, turned off that annoying ambiance lighting and hit the R button. Next start up foes right back to all the settings that I hate. I checked my key settings and thats right, but does not remember my settings. Is there something im missing and doing wrong. Wifey has a tremor and has her own questions i cant answer right now.

OP
OP
Azurebeast

Azurebeast

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a 2023 with 6K miles. And while were at It, can we stop over the air updates. I dont care for ford to **** with $100k truck im paying for. Some microsoft type ******** that i dont want.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not a 100K truck. It's a 25K truck with 50K of bolt ons.

Are you talking about auto stop/start? I'm generally confused what the R button has to do with this and what you're actually talking about.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 23 and the R button works fine.

I'm assuming you set up the truck in whatever mode and settings and the held the R button down until It programmed and then you press it to activate?

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Turn on truck
2. Apply your favorite settings (drive mode, suspension, steering, exhaust etc)
3. Hit R button twice and hold the 2nd time and this will save those settings.
If you saved “sport mode” this will automatically shut off the start/stop function.
After you cycle the ignition (turn the truck off and then back on) it will default to the regular drive mode. To activate R settings hit the R button twice and then you are back in your desired settings and the truck won’t start/stop (if you saved it in sport mode).