Purchasing a new Raptor R (ADM, etc...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrowley

Reaction score
Hello all,

A few years a go I sold my Gen 1 Raptor and ever since I've wanted to replace it. I am currently trying to find a Raptor R, but it seems that purchasing an R is really different than buying a 801 or 802. I've seen every bad dealer behavior you can think of at this point. I'll pay a reasonable ADM, but dealers, even here in Maine, are at 30K+. I also have a trade so I'm seeing the normal "low ball" shenanigans regarding the trade as well.

I don't want to give up, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've exhausted all the options within 100 miles, so I guess I am now doing a nationwide search. Any tips on that? Cars.com seems to have a lot of them out there, but they allow listings at MSRP but that isn't the actual price.

I searched the forum but didn't see all that much on purchasing an R, maybe it's just super hard. :D (I thought buying my 911 was hard....)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Roger

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll have to truck in this 2024 Raptor R, like we did from Antioch Illinois @ Kunis Ford to our farm here in Northeast Kansas last year. We live here part time. The going rate right now is about $12500 - $19500 + maybe a little more: (you can't be specific in color or the moonroof option or the Ford spray on bedliner (the Ford dealer can add that for you: aftermarket) and I'm sure about the heated steering wheel option, it was a vendor supply issue for awhile. The Midwest is where you should start your search. Regular V6 EcoBoost 2024 models have sold for $4000 - $5000 back of MSRP, some with, and some without the 37 Performance Package. For every new 2024 Raptor V6 EcoBoost built with the 35 Package (I like the 35 Package wheel "much" better than the 2024 model "37 Performance Package" that it comes with) to the ratio is probably 15-20 to one 37 Performance Package.

BTW: I did run a Porsche / Audi new car store in Southern California in the 90's through the 200o's. So I do speak these sc-mbag dealers language and take all the B.S. out of the equation very quickly: the price of the vehicle, as well as their finance department trying to mark-up the rate if your financing the vehicle or adding a Ford extended warranty (we paid $1700-$1800 for 5 years I believe) or the Ford wheel and tire protection (we paid $500-$600). The BakFlip MX4 tonneau cover was $1299 installed.

Good luck, and keep your patience hat securely affixed to your head. LOL. :driver:

Attachments

• 20240627_180503 (1)(1) (2) (6).jpg
    20240627_180503 (1)(1) (2) (6).jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 11

tabiggs

Reaction score
Over the last 45 days, many Ford dealers have received a significant number of 2024 Ford Raptor R trucks that were previously in transit, and they are now available on dealer lots as inventory. It won't be long before the market adjusts. Currently, sites like Autotrader list over 250 (2023-2024) Raptor Rs for sale. If you can wait another 60 to 90 days, there's a strong chance you won't have to pay over MSRP. Very few people are purchasing Raptor Rs at marked-up prices, and many are just sitting on the lots.

The 2024 Raptor R is no longer difficult to find, but consumers, in general, have less disposable income as we approach 2025. As we move into the late fourth quarter, the carrying costs for these trucks will begin to impact dealers. Unlike a year ago, when Autotrader had only about 35 Raptor Rs listed, the current market saturation indicates that patience could pay off. Dealers will be motivated to sell, so waiting a bit longer might yield a pleasant surprise in pricing.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over the last 45 days, many Ford dealers have received a significant number of 2024 Ford Raptor R trucks that were previously in transit, and they are now available on dealer lots as inventory. It won't be long before the market adjusts. Currently, sites like Autotrader list over 250 (2023-2024) Raptor Rs for sale. If you can wait another 60 to 90 days, there's a strong chance you won't have to pay over MSRP. Very few people are purchasing Raptor Rs at marked-up prices, and many are just sitting on the lots.

The 2024 Raptor R is no longer difficult to find, but consumers, in general, have less disposable income as we approach 2025. As we move into the late fourth quarter, the carrying costs for these trucks will begin to impact dealers. Unlike a year ago, when Autotrader had only about 35 Raptor Rs listed, the current market saturation indicates that patience could pay off. Dealers will be motivated to sell, so waiting a bit longer might yield a pleasant surprise in pricing.
200.gif

OP
OP
R

rrowley

Reaction score
Thanks very much for all the replies. I managed to find one at a local dealer that is pretty much the spec I want coming in late September. I did agree to an ADM but they quoted a high price on my trade so that lessened it a bit. Still a high price, but not crazy. So I'm waiting till it arrives. I did speak to a few dealers about a '25 allocation but the story was that they all had a "waiting list" longer than their expected allocations. Oh well. I'll send an update when it shows up assuming no shenanigans. It does seem like the market is softening. I know it's not a direct comparison, but I am seeing some really good deals on Bronco Raptors right now (for example).

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Thanks very much for all the replies. I managed to find one at a local dealer that is pretty much the spec I want coming in late September. I did agree to an ADM but they quoted a high price on my trade so that lessened it a bit. Still a high price, but not crazy. So I'm waiting till it arrives. I did speak to a few dealers about a '25 allocation but the story was that they all had a "waiting list" longer than their expected allocations. Oh well. I'll send an update when it shows up assuming no shenanigans. It does seem like the market is softening. I know it's not a direct comparison, but I am seeing some really good deals on Bronco Raptors right now (for example).
What AMD did you agree to?

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the current going rate is in the $130's "asking" but I keep getting price drops from cars.com on the same '24 Raptor R from the $140's less than two weeks ago, to getting another alert that the same Raptor R was dropped to $130's "asking" If "you" Raptor R customers with way too much money want to believe the "HYPE" of waiting lists and all that other B.S. they cough up, then the market will stay there. Again: I was offered a 2024 Raptor V6 EcoBoost with either a 35 or 37 Package for $4000-$5000 back of MSRP in the Midwest, by more than one or two Ford dealers out here. I'm not a fan of the 2024 re-fresh front end and the obnoxious Code Red stitching on the interior, including the center console ghost graphics. "Yuck"

I'm still looking for 2023 low mileage Raptor R in Avalanche Grey, there is one in Texas @ a Ford dealership with 5K and it's Ford Certified. They are asking $123K, we are miles away from what I want to pay for a year old Raptor R with 20 horsepower less than a 2024 Raptor R. It's nothing that a Whipple bolt-on supercharger can't fix. *****. :driver: It's supply versus demand: you "big ballers" out there keep throwing your checkbooks around for your instant gratification issues or your just bored with your garage full of Porsche, Ferrari, and McLarens, then these Ford dealers will keep getting these $20K-$30K additional dealer mark-ups. Believe me: they are all "laughing at you" all the way to their respective banks.

Nah on that for awhile, or not. Or go out a buy a Louie Vuitton bag or a new Rolex stainless Daytona for your significant other, but of course "online" so you can watch somebody detail your car collection. Oh boy: I crack myself sometimes. :pepper:

Attachments

• 20240627_180503 (1)(1) (2) (6).jpg
    20240627_180503 (1)(1) (2) (6).jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 6