GEN 2 Pulled the trigger on a 2020 Rocky Ridge Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You math is off a little. ;) The sidewall in your example is the sidewall, so you do not divide by two. And yes, you will notice a 25 mm or 1" difference in tire sidewall size. I drove in several different Raptor with various wheel and tire size before purchasing my setup. The 35 x 20s were by far the worst riding trucks of the bunch on and off road. (and the worst looking in my opinion)

On the math problem, you can use the "GENERALIZED" wheel and tire sizes to make the calculations easier. (and somewhat less precise since it does not take into account the different tire MFG actual sizes)

Tire Size - wheel size / divided by 2 = sidewall height

35 - 17 = 18 / 2 = 9 inches
35 - 20 = 15 / 2 = 7.5 inches
37 - 20 = 17 / 2 = 8.5 inches

Using GENERALIZED numbers, the 37 x 20s are slightly smaller than the factory 35 x 17s. In reality, they might be closer than the 1/2" number, but will still be smaller.

yes i made one error in my math by not taking into account the aspect is sidewall. you got me. guess ill go crawl back under my money pit and cry for a while haha personally im running 17s on 39s soooo ill just leave now

the ironic part is my real job is as a data scientist, so you would have thought I would have caught the error..

GunMonkeyINTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i made one error in my math by not taking into account the aspect is sidewall. you got me. guess ill go crawl back under my money pit and cry for a while haha personally im running 17s on 39s soooo ill just leave now

the ironic part is my real job is as a data scientist, so you would have thought I would have caught the error..
All that data scientisting must have worn out your shift key, and put your comma and period keys on the fritz. You should get your mechanical scientisty friends to fix that.

But, seriously, why get so triggered by some dudes not liking some particular aftermarket package? Looking at the thread, it was about 50/50, dudes who liked it and dudes who thought it was ****. Isn’t that about par for the course on anything subjective?

Last edited:

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All that data scientisting must have work out your shift key, and put your comma and period keys on the fritz. You should get your mechanical scientisty friends to fix that.

But, seriously, why get so triggered by some dudes not liking some particular aftermarket package? Looking at the thread, it was about 50/50, dudes who liked it and dudes who thought it was ****. Isn’t that about par for the course on anything subjective?
217k1s.jpg

haha no not triggered at all. just enjoy rustling some feathers and being devils advocate, im mean shoot i argued in support of 20s and i dont even run them

GunMonkeyINTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
217k1s.jpg

haha no not triggered at all. just enjoy rustling some feathers and being devils advocate, im mean shoot i argued in support of 20s and i dont even run them

k

Related but unrelated: You’d love my wife’s friends. Don’t get me wrong, you’d all talk endless shit behind each others’ backs, but you’d fit in there like swimwear.

pj_singh1994

Reaction score
I get what your saying but come on 20's on this truck is no where near 24s on a camaro. the amount of sidewall rubber with 20s and 35s is near identical to stock sidewall on 17s.

and id debate that the majority of the "off road enthusiast" providing their opinion on here are not using their vehicle to the point that 17s vs 20s would make any bit of difference. But also want to mention im not referring to just this thread. the community recently seemed to do over @pj_singh1994 for the 20s he put on his rather tastefull build.

lests start a list of "un-allowed" mods lol
-20s
-a tune
-oil cans
-any lights other than BD, Rigid
- ...etc

hahah

they tore me a new one. some dude legit broke down every mod i had to talk shit on it. who has that much time lol