Problem with Fox 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
. Also, need a way to compress coil springs. It's not cheap to get set up but for me it's worth not relying on someone else and their schedule.
Yup. I ended up buying the Branick 7600. I've used it with the cheesy spring compressor bolts at the same time to get off the big (600lb) coil springs slowly and safely. It's another "buy once, cry once" investment so YOU choose when to work on your stuff. It's also available to the neighbors, you'd be surprised how much you can help them out in a pinch too.. There's lots of old full-size trucks up in the Hi Dez and the owners do all their own repairs.

Attachments

• 20240706_084939.jpg
    20240706_084939.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Whoops

Reaction score
Yup. I ended up buying the Branick 7600. I've used it with the cheesy spring compressor bolts at the same time to get off the big (600lb) coil springs slowly and safely. It's another "buy once, cry once" investment so YOU choose when to work on your stuff. It's also available to the neighbors, you'd be surprised how much you can help them out in a pinch too.. There's lots of old full-size trucks up in the Hi Dez and the owners do all their own repairs.
That's sweet, best spring compressor you can get IMO, wish I had one.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also use my spring compressor to loosen/move perch collar. I haven't had used a torch to remove caps yet.(wood knocking) Running hot water on the shock body has worked well so far for the tough ones for me. I have used a torch to get the set screws out of the cap. twice. two out of 20 caps not bad %.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to the Gen 1 Raptor game. Do you all suggest to not go with the FOX 3.0 and instead go with King or a different brand?