SDI Top Hat's or SVC C.A.S???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcmcnamara07

Reaction score
I've got a 2019 Raptor on stock Live Valves. I really want to do the SDI Top Hat solution to level the truck without going springs that would damage my system long term or a typical perch collar. Problem is, those are on major back order through everybody and I want to make my mods sooner. SVC also has their C.A.S system which I think is my alternative being that they really don't change the geometry and you can put more or less lift on it depending on what I'm going for. Just looking for a few opinions. Should I wait for SDI or buy the CAS? I can get the C.A.S right now for around $300

kevo_lo

Reaction score
If the front suspension stroke is limited by the front strut, and installing springs doesn't affect the stroke limitations of the strut, why would long term use of springs cause an issue? You're still within the design limitation of the factory geometry.

Adding the SDI top hat lowers the strut in relation to the frame, which means at full droop everything is now at a more extreme angle that the suspension was not validated for.

Reaction score
I've got a 2019 Raptor on stock Live Valves. I really want to do the SDI Top Hat solution to level the truck without going springs that would damage my system long term or a typical perch collar. Problem is, those are on major back order through everybody and I want to make my mods sooner. SVC also has their C.A.S system which I think is my alternative being that they really don't change the geometry and you can put more or less lift on it depending on what I'm going for. Just looking for a few opinions. Should I wait for SDI or buy the CAS? I can get the C.A.S right now for around $if

I've got a 2019 Raptor on stock Live Valves. I really want to do the SDI Top Hat solution to level the truck without going springs that would damage my system long term or a typical perch collar. Problem is, those are on major back order through everybody and I want to make my mods sooner. SVC also has their C.A.S system which I think is my alternative being that they really don't change the geometry and you can put more or less lift on it depending on what I'm going for. Just looking for a few opinions. Should I wait for SDI or buy the CAS? I can get the C.A.S right now for around $300
Definitely do the top hats. I just did mine yesterday, and deaver +4 HD’s and man did they make a difference. On a live valve truck you want the thick hat on there as factory one’s often fail of you have a stiffer spring like a geiser or eibach, and you go full droop, then go full compression. Yes there will be a slightly more extreme angle at full droop, but I would rather have to replace a rubber boot then replace a stamped steel top hat, or worse, a coil bucket. As for the CAS, I know lots of people do them, and have good luck with them, but something just rubs me the wrong way about having a 2 piece perch sandwhiched together by 2 small bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_9524.jpeg
    IMG_9524.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 9

Matt-Talavera

Reaction score
Hey there, this really depends on your use. I have worked with quite a few builds for clients as I own my own performance parts store. I would say the springs (eibach) would be your best bet for offroad use and on road use. I would recommend eibach springs front and rear for your 2019. The front springs alone will level your truck, with the lift you'll also notice a slightly stiffer spring rate with more performance offroad. Best of both worlds. You can also find these on my website below. I keep 10+ kits in stock at all times, they are a popular pick, with reason.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the Icon kit and only used the 1.5" setting. So 1/2" spacer on the top and 1" of preload on the spring. I then reset my live valve height settings and had the alignment done. Honestly can't even tell the difference in the driving yet, if anything it feels better but maybe that's just a placebo. It's pretty level ever so slight rake in the front, but if I throw any weight in the bed it will level out perfectly.

I too looked at the SDI top hats and would have got those except for the fact that they were back-ordered and I really didn't want to go up 1.75" in front since I'm not running 37's. Plus if I want to go back to stock it's pretty easy.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the front suspension stroke is limited by the front strut, and installing springs doesn't affect the stroke limitations of the strut, why would long term use of springs cause an issue? You're still within the design limitation of the factory geometry.

Adding the SDI top hat lowers the strut in relation to the frame, which means at full droop everything is now at a more extreme angle that the suspension was not validated for.

incorrect.. the preload on the spring is built into the top hat, and the strut rod is still in the same location...

its not the typical spacer that goes on top of the strut mount...

also with a much better upper mount, that we have seen a bunch fail..

at the moment, i think the SDi top hat is the best option for leveling stock shocks, 2nd choice is eibach springs, but still using the factory top hat which is prone to failure long term..

i had eibachs on my 2019, until i got race series coilovers..