Uneven rear end after Fox 3.0 install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BadNewsBronson
Reaction score
Google "Raptor Lean" it is a well known thing.
You can try swapping leafs side to side to see if its an actual leaf sag issue, more than likely it has done this for a while and you just noticed after working on the suspension and being more aware now.
Raptor springs are soft... The fuel tank hold 250lbs of fuel, there is always a driver on that side, so over time the truck will lean.
Did you set the front coil-over pre-load the same on the Fox 3.0's? Sometimes a couple trurns on the Drivers front will help push some weight to the opposite side, but its marginal.

BTW, I am on Deaver +3 and after many off-road trips mine is doing Raptor Lean too.
I looked into afterwards. I think you’re right in that I’ve never noticed until I started working on it. I haven’t adjusted the front coil overs yet, but that’s definitely a good idea . Appreciate the advice. I do have question about your Deavers! Are you using stock shackles, or did you go with a drop? Thats my next upgrade and I was wondering if I’d have to absolutely go with drop shackles or with the 3.0’s on would the truck still be near level? I’m ok with a little rake, but I was just curious.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked into afterwards. I think you’re right in that I’ve never noticed until I started working on it. I haven’t adjusted the front coil overs yet, but that’s definitely a good idea . Appreciate the advice. I do have question about your Deavers! Are you using stock shackles, or did you go with a drop? Thats my next upgrade and I was wondering if I’d have to absolutely go with drop shackles or with the 3.0’s on would the truck still be near level? I’m ok with a little rake, but I was just curious.
I run a Deaver +3 with RPG drop shackle, RPG bump kit out back. On the Front I have Boxed uppers/lowers (stock width) with King 3.0 Coil over and 3.0 Bypass.
I could have cranked pre-load into front coils to get level with +3 rears, but i don't want to sit on the top of my springs and not have enough drop out so I chose RPG shackle to bring rear down a touch. Plus it lets rear drop out a bit more..

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadNewsBronson
Reaction score
I run a Deaver +3 with RPG drop shackle, RPG bump kit out back. On the Front I have Boxed uppers/lowers (stock width) with King 3.0 Coil over and 3.0 Bypass.
I could have cranked pre-load into front coils to get level with +3 rears, but i don't want to sit on the top of my springs and not have enough drop out so I chose RPG shackle to bring rear down a touch. Plus it lets read drop out a bit more..
Awesome setup man!! I appreciate the input, might do a +
I could have cranked pre-load into front coils to get level with +3 rears, but i don't want to sit on the top of my springs and not have enough drop out so I chose RPG shackle to bring rear down a touch. Plus it lets read drop out a bit more..
Awesome setup! I appreciate the insight, I think once I get everything squared away I’m gonna go with the Deaver + 3 with the RPG shackle too. No towing or doing anything crazy but the ultimate goal is to get it out west ( I live on the US east coast ). I was looking at the RST16 frame support with the 2.5 bumps also. But that’s looking down the road quite a bit lol. Thx again man