Where for shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diverdown3

Reaction score
I may buy new. Kind of inconvenient to have my truck laying about waiting for shocks to be rebuilt.

Rock Auto seems to have the best price.

Id like to try rebuilding a set myself just out of pure interest.
I don't see rear Motorcraft\Fox there, do you?

Diverdown3

Reaction score
Fox recommends to rebuilt the factory shocks at 50K miles with all street use. Offroad miles they wear out faster.

The great thing about these shocks is you don’t need to buy new. You can have them rebuilt for about $200 a shock. There are multiple places that do rebuilds. TSW, SDI. I myself have used SDI multiple times on my factory shocks and last month on my FRS shocks.
If you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask. Happy to help here at Apollo Optics.
I don't see rebuild service listed on their site. Do I just need to contact them directly?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m fortunate to live fairly close to them, so I dropped my truck at TSW in Hutto…just NE of Austin…today for their RRR service tomorrow. They normally just do it while you wait…remove, rebuild, and replace your shocks in just a couple hours if you schedule in advance.

I have some appointments that preclude me getting to my scheduled appt time, so I dropped it off early today. Was very impressed with their knowledge and professionalism.

Looking forward to the results and will post a report after I pick it up mañana.

They also do an exchange program. Details on their website.