GEN 2 Pricing Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with @scarrjack and @Spider-One, go to Freedom Ford. Their service department makes Sherwood Ford look like a joke, even after Sherwood did their big expansion to the service area. We bought the wife's Edge Sport there and they were ok to buy from but service was terrible. Takes all day for an oil change when you book it a week ahead of time. Freedom can have my Raptor in and out in an hour with only calling the a day or two before. I live in Sherwood Park as well and it is worth the extra drive. Sherwood Ford service area was so bad all the RCMP, Alberta Sheriffs, Enforcement in the area stopped going to them after the first year and go back into Edmonton again. Convenience lost to quality work and one day service.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
There is no more "SVT". Any Ford dealer can order a customer a Raptor. I ordered two first gen Raptors from a tiny dealer in PA.

The only problem I see with a small dealership is allotment, with Ford limiting production at first, a small dealership near me gets 1. The bigger store gets 3.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only problem I see with a small dealership is allotment, with Ford limiting production at first, a small dealership near me gets 1. The bigger store gets 3.

Allotment isnt a thing with the new Raptor, why cant anyone understand that?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Allotment isnt a thing with the new Raptor, why cant anyone understand that?

Allotment is a thing with all vehicles. If they build 100 Raptors in a week not every dealer is going to get one. They will send them out based on allotment. There was a very in depth post about how all of the ordering process works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Allotment is a thing with all vehicles. If they build 100 Raptors in a week not every dealer is going to get one. They will send them out based on allotment. There was a very in depth post about how all of the ordering process works.

Allotment...allocation...youre right...I wasnt awake yet.

INTEL DRIVEN

Reaction score
10K what the F! Hope Military Auto Source doesn't do me like that. I'll post what the price is. I just secured one come fall but haven't been able to build the specs.

palma

Reaction score
I haven't heard many good stories about Sherwood Ford, sales or service. I live in the Park but take mine to Freedom, they have been great to deal with.

I agree with @scarrjack and @Spider-One, go to Freedom Ford. Their service department makes Sherwood Ford look like a joke, even after Sherwood did their big expansion to the service area. We bought the wife's Edge Sport there and they were ok to buy from but service was terrible. Takes all day for an oil change when you book it a week ahead of time. Freedom can have my Raptor in and out in an hour with only calling the a day or two before. I live in Sherwood Park as well and it is worth the extra drive. Sherwood Ford service area was so bad all the RCMP, Alberta Sheriffs, Enforcement in the area stopped going to them after the first year and go back into Edmonton again. Convenience lost to quality work and one day service.

Given the choice I probably will go to Freedom. But at the end of the day its about who offers the better price. Sherwood Park is out to rob customers so that makes them an easy pass. I will probably just end up going to a small dealership that can order a raptor and get something around invoice pricing. I refuse to pay MSRP especially since our $ sucks right now and Ford isn't likely to offer discounts like they do on all other products so the pricing in Canada is in roughly the same $ amount as US.

palma

Reaction score

A post about Gen 2 ordering process?

Whats the difference?

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Whats the difference?

Don't worry about the semantics.

Moral of the story = small dealers will get fewer raptors than bigger dealers, but you can place an additional Raptor order at any dealer, big or small, no matter their allocation, and Ford will eventually deliver you one.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the semantics.

Moral of the story = small dealers will get fewer raptors than bigger dealers, but you can place an additional Raptor order at any dealer, big or small, no matter their allocation, and Ford will eventually deliver you one.

I like this summary. Makes sense.