Phaser Repair #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vk35

Reaction score
Not sure, they're just ordering parts right now.
For what it’s worth, I just got my truck back, they found a stretched chain and broken guide. This is the second cam phaser repair on this truck. First repair was with HL3Z and second repair just completed was with ML3Z phasers. It’s interesting that I only heard the noise 5 days before bringing the truck in. Looks like the damage was done quickly. I also noticed my truck idling much more quietly and feels more responsive. Everything covered under warranty thankfully. Let’s hope these last much longer.

OP
OP
pastorwug

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had been getting codes on the way home from Tahoe last week, pulling our 19ft Airstream. I had a scangauge to clear them.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@pastorwug was there a TSB or other reference for your phasers to be covered under the emissions warranty?

I’m about to embark on phaser replacement #4, but at 112K, my 2018MY truck is 12K miles out of the extended warranty...emissions should still be covered though.

OP
OP
pastorwug

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@pastorwug was there a TSB or other reference for your phasers to be covered under the emissions warranty?

I’m about to embark on phaser replacement #4, but at 112K, my 2018MY truck is 12K miles out of the extended warranty...emissions should still be covered though.
No, my advisor didn't mention a TSB, but there may very well be one.

Not sure how many miles the Emissions warranty is but it strikes me that it should be covered for the life of the vehicle. California is a haven for Emissions standards.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going in next week to drop off and let service listen to my rattle that I've started to notice. Mine has not had the 21B10 recall work performed.

My question is, should I remove my external oil catch can? I don't want them to find any reason to deny a warranty issue/item. My raptor is a CPO Gold certified and under the CPO warranty I purchased it in July 2024.