Order Date, Build Date, Current Status of your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original order date: Aug2016
Build: 06Apr2017-ish
Arrived at dealer: TODAY (26Apr2017)

Adding tint, wrap, and Line-X (Bed/Wheel wells/fenders)

Plane ticket to dealer: 17May.

Long wait is close to being over.

'17 AG SCREW-802-Tech-BL-CF-Accent pkg-Moon roof-blah,blah,blah....

Awesome to have the wait over! I would be chomping at the bit with having to wait until May 17th! Congratulations!

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now, let's not get that out of touch
:win:

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I hope so too for you! My sales guy said the last several have really come in rapid succession, which of course we are more or less aware of.

Kind of a different subject, but I remember a lot of the October build guys saying their trucks had excessive idling time on their motors. Mine had 15 miles and 3 hours idle time. Last night I started obsessing over it......contemplating any kind of ill effects on a tight, fresh engine. I know modern vehicles are quite resilient to the issues that plagued older vehicles, but the wheels in my mind still spin for why so many idling hours on a brand new vehicle, and does it do any detriment to any components. I guess I could start another potentially useless thread on this and get schooled by people that understand this.

Anyway, good luck to you Chukaraholic!

Curious where idling time came from?

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have an opinion on this hamster? On how it does, or does not, effect a new engine?

1. How do u know it had 3 hours idling time?
2. Probably not all at one time and even so it is not an issue in my opinion given how modern engines are designed. Someone will write and say something opposite. Just ignore them and enjoy.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. How do u know it had 3 hours idling time?
2. Probably not all at one time and even so it is not an issue in my opinion given how modern engines are designed. Someone will write and say something opposite. Just ignore them and enjoy.

Thanks hamster.

The truck menu shows both engine hours and idle hours.

wasabigrinch

Reaction score
Well you beat me hamster!!
Just rolled into the dealer....will pick up tomorrow. Sorry for them flipped upside down; I have no idea how to remedy that, never posted a photo before. Maybe appropriate though...has been a very upside down process at almost 9 full months :crazy:

Hey, I'm also in CDA! Which dealer did you use? And how's the truck? Mine's specked almost the same, but it's Avalanche, no tailgate step, and I have the tailgate applique.

I bought my raptor out of state at the end of March, and it broke down on the drive home. Just picked it up (fixed) a couple weeks ago, and have been loving it.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm also in CDA! Which dealer did you use? And how's the truck? Mine's specked almost the same, but it's Avalanche, no tailgate step, and I have the tailgate applique.

I bought my raptor out of state at the end of March, and it broke down on the drive home. Just picked it up (fixed) a couple weeks ago, and have been loving it.

Oh wow, that's you. That must have been a hell of an experience! I'm glad it got sorted out, and you are enjoying the truck now. I bought in Spokane Valley actually, Gus Johnson Ford. Now that Parkers own the Cda Ford, I am open to potentially come back home for Ford purchases.

By the way, I see an Avalanche Raptor going down Ramsey often, I wonder if that's you? Truck drove down Ramsey, headed north, this evening as well.

wasabigrinch

Reaction score
Ahh, gotcha. Glad you finally got yours!

I do drive up and down Ramsey quite a bit, but it must have been someone else today. So far I've seen another 2017 avalanche, a white, and a black around town.

You have a chance to play with yours much since getting it?

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, gotcha. Glad you finally got yours!

I do drive up and down Ramsey quite a bit, but it must have been someone else today. So far I've seen another 2017 avalanche, a white, and a black around town.

You have a chance to play with yours much since getting it?

No, just commute miles from Spokane. The damn hell is playing with the Raptor at the moment.....better not bite.

wasabigrinch

Reaction score
Yeah there were a couple nice days to cruise around last week, but Im getting tired of all the rain. Cant remember another year thats been this rainy here