Order Date, Build Date, Current Status of your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I thought the same thing...."I guess the truck is not a myth anymore...". Congratulations, May will be here soon enough, and will arrive with more than just flowers...

I noticed in my window sticker that price on sticker is higher by $425 compared to dora that dealer based my purchase agreement on. How is this working out for others? Does dealer honor old price or do we pay current sticker price?

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed in my window sticker that price on sticker is higher by $425 compared to dora that dealer based my purchase agreement on. How is this working out for others? Does dealer honor old price or do we pay current sticker price?

Mixed outcomes with this. My sticker went up $635 since my signed July 30th order. Dealer has written me a separate note, just a few weeks ago, citing that I am "Price Protected". Hopefully your dealer will do the same.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine says convoy on the window sticker which means its getting trucked the whole way. Which is weird because there is a giant rail yard in Joliet IL south suburb of Chicago that almost all the vehicles headed to western states go through.

Does yours say convoy or rail on your window sticker?
Have you done a chat with ford performance and asked them your eta and where your truck is?

I know FP and my dealer both told me my truck is still in Dearborn. Do you have a freight bill number on JCT PALS?

Interesting. My window sticker does have a "CONVOY" number which I assumed to be a tracking # of some kind. Did not know that CONVOY meant road transport. I actually don't mind it because Boston is not far away from Michigan, so road should be quicker than rail. They would still have to connect the rail yard to the plant / dealer via road anyway.

Another interesting tidbit - I called my dealer yesterday just to see if he had any information that I already didn't have (I already had the window sticker at this point) and he said he is showing a dealer ETA of 5/1. That is quite a bit quicker than the original dealer ETA of 5/14 that FP had given me a few weeks ago. I know the dealer ETA is a rough estimate only and subject to change, but it makes me wonder if CONVOY sped up my original delivery date by a week or two.

Oh, FP had earlier told me that spray in bedliner is done offsite and will add a couple of days after build date before truck is shipped to dealer. So if my build date is 4/18, and you add a couple days to that, and its going CONVOY to dealer in MA, 5/1 seems pretty likely. yaay for me :)

Last edited:

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont get to excited. I thought that same thing but my truck has been built and sitting in Dearborn for 2 weeks. ETA was 4/7 for me.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine went up $635 and although my dealer told me he thought I would be price protected, when we finalized the total he said they could not go back to the old msrp. Besides that, everything else was great! Painless transaction, truck looks great and runs great, and everything seems to be good from a QA/QC standpoint. No rust at all on undercarriage, 16 miles on odo. Kendall Ford of Meridian, Idaho - MSRP- talk to Carter maybe for a 2018 (this is for anyone who is considering ordering in the future).

Ordered 9/15/16 Avalanche, supercrew, 802a, etc.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont get to excited. I thought that same thing but my truck has been built and sitting in Dearborn for 2 weeks. ETA was 4/7 for me.

I wonder if some of the hold up is because of a few transfer case failures I've been reading about.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the hold up is because of a few transfer case failures I've been reading about.
I'm not sure delaying shipping after building it would be because of t-case or other issues. I can see them delaying building it in the first place if they are waiting for redesign of any components.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there were a huge amount of trucks just sitting at the plant parking lot in the beginning when they needed to do a computer change/flash for the transmission issue