Official R Delivered Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F@$&?!g ford. Not even a year and they already changing things. Their production is a s!?$t show, I could have get a 24 TRX in mid 2023 lol.
I don’t mind the first version of the R exhaust. I know some think it is too quiet but I like it. Might be nice for more noise when it’s romped on, like the Ecoboost. That was pretty tame until you stomped on it. I’m curious to hear the latest version. I did have 2 previous gen 3 ecoboost and I think they sound great. What does irritate me is the leak I have under the drivers seat on the cross over joint. I also do not like the brake and accel tip in. Very jerky no mater how smooth I am. Nothing like the v6 version (I had a 2021 and 2023 and my dad has a 2024 v6 truck). Seems like a tuning issue?? Say you’re making a slow turn.. decelerating and then when you lightly accelerate after making the turn it’s nothing nothing and then bam. Just not smooth. Same on low speed braking.. nothing nothing then bam brake. A bit jerky. I really can believe this is normal. I haven’t driven any other R’s to compare to.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the new exhaust kicked in around May. Mine was built 6/26 so hoping for a little better sound and NO leaks!

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the new exhaust kicked in around May. Mine was built 6/26 so hoping for a little better sound and NO leaks!
Well I don't think the trombone part will replace the part where the leak is. Ford video said part of reason done was for commonality of parts. The leak is where bottom of part #2 connects. It appears the trombone part replaces part #8. At least that is how it appears to me. As for the leak, mine looks like the bottom of #2 was not fully seated before clamp was tightened down. Going to work on it this week to see if I can fix. I can't put it up on my lift as both sides of the truck would have 1/2 of the tires hanging off and that seems bit too sketchy so need some dry weather before crawling around on the driveway.:)

Screenshot_20240630_074331_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Dev

Reaction score
Well I don't think the trombone part will replace the part where the leak is. Ford video said part of reason done was for commonality of parts. The leak is where bottom of part #2 connects. It appears the trombone part replaces part #8. At least that is how it appears to me. As for the leak, mine looks like the bottom of #2 was not fully seated before clamp was tightened down. Going to work on it this week to see if I can fix. I can't put it up on my lift as both sides of the truck would have 1/2 of the tires hanging off and that seems bit too sketchy so need some dry weather before crawling around on the driveway.:)View attachment 458899
Good luck!