Octane Poll

What octane for the Raptor

• Less than 87

• Higher than 93

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone mixing octane? Sometimes I don’t have a choice but to run 87 down in remote areas of Baja after filling up with 91.

Or

Today I happened to be at Costco and I had 1/2 tank of 91 and filled it with 87. I’m guessing this gives me 89?

Just curious as 91 is starting to creep back over $5 a gallon on the west coast.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally run 87 but y’all peer pressured me into trying a run of 93. For nearly a dollar more a gallon I normally pass, but we’ll see if I can notice a difference in the butt dyno

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93 non ethanol here in Florida. My 18 only had 1/4 tank of 87 through it because I would not let the dealer fill it with that low octane when it came in.. I drove her straight to the 93 non-eth pump and filled her up.. I’m up to 52,000 and she has never been back to Ford nor ever given me an issue,( except going into limp mode twice with a bad peddle commander). Off that piece of crap went and smiles ever since. She’s my daily driver, I live 15 miles from my job, and we use her 7days a week in and out of city.. She has averaged 17.3 mpg for the last 3.5 years. Never re-set it. Gas is now 4.30 per gal but she gets the best. I’m a happy Raptor owner!!

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Iowa, 10% ethanol is about all you can find. Only gas up at Costco because they sell a lot of gas and supposedly top tier as well. First 6k miles on premium 93 octane and last 5k on 87 octane. Mileage is consistent at 18 mpg for both, maybe slight drop with winter blend on both. Ford says run 87, so I am one of the few, I guess. My other vehicles call for premium, so that’s what they get.