Ocotillo Trip Halloween Weekend! Nov(1-EVENING),2,3,)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SvtDon

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm good with whatever. I don't have to shoot my howitzers this trip. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring it anyways dude just in case. Your camping, got plenty of time! Im gonna be all over the place in the truck or on a toy lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince some of my buddies who are gun nuts to come out with me on Sat. All I have Is a Sig 9mm that I may bring out.

So another bump in my tire journey. I decided to not go with the Fuel Trophies ( I just was not that in love with them) Instead I went to a 17" Method DS on 37" Nitto Trail Grappler (of course the Toyos are in backorder for the 17")

Shop should hopefully have them in today for install if not first thing tomorrow. All I need to do now is chop up my fenders and drop it to mid perch.

Should be some great times out there. Any recommendations for me as I wont have a radio? (future mod wayyy down the line)

OP
OP
SvtDon

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what it sounds like people are saying 10:00 and 10:30 for Saturday show up only. Vhf radio channel will be weatherman which could possibly change since its a popular channel out there when we get there. I highly recommend getting gas either in Salton sea Or westmoreland before showing up so you can have a full tank for the day. If its gonna be a problem we could all cruise down together if really needed and get gas. Blue inn doesn't do gas anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince some of my buddies who are gun nuts to come out with me on Sat. All I have Is a Sig 9mm that I may bring out. So another bump in my tire journey. I decided to not go with the Fuel Trophies ( I just was not that in love with them) Instead I went to a 17" Method DS on 37" Nitto Trail Grappler (of course the Toyos are in backorder for the 17") Shop should hopefully have them in today for install if not first thing tomorrow. All I need to do now is chop up my fenders and drop it to mid perch. Should be some great times out there. Any recommendations for me as I wont have a radio? (future mod wayyy down the line)

You could buy a handheld. But a few of us will have radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty upset I didn't make it home from deployment in time for my favorite holiday and this dez trip. On the bright side, I'll be in Rome and Naples, Italy for the next week. Fun have out there guys.

-Rob

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rob (and my naval squid brethren)

I've been in your shoes 6 times my friend. You just take care of "buiz" over on your current deployment; keep kicking ass and we'll all be here to buy you a beer when you get back.

I'm thinking we should throw a return trip to the desert to celebrate your successful deployment upon your return!

Semper Fi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree! But next season I will be deployed so I have to make this one a good one. I don't think the Navy will keep me in paradise for another 3 years so I'm probably headed back east in 2015. :-(

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree! But next season I will be deployed so I have to make this one a good one. I don't think the Navy will keep me in paradise for another 3 years so I'm probably headed back east in 2015. :-(

Thanks for everything you guys do!

Getting excited for this even though I will be there for Sat. only. Should have a few buddies to come out and do some shooting.

And just posting this picture here cause I am really happy I got my new tires

Anybody happen to have the tools / know how to drop me to mid perch?

newwheels_zps1c9695d6.jpg